one

in a world where quirks are the normal and if she didn't have one she was strange, she'd live well. she would be granted a hero even before her entire class, she would be relevant, and she would strive. however, being born without a quirk is rare, where 80 per cent of the population on Earth was given the advantage of it.

her quirk was one she had to keep hidden. no one wants a periodic hero anywhere near Kamui Woods, nor near Backdraft where their quirk would be tangled with their own. of course, she wasn't a pro hero, so really, they had nothing to worry about. she often found herself settling at a park to practice the bending of the gases of the periodic table. while many of her peers, save for maybe two or three, wanted to become a pro hero, for herself, she wasn't sure. living in constant worry of the next villain to turn the corner wasn't ideal in her life plan, and she wasn't completely sure if it was even what she wanted to do.

she remembers as a child, she would get anxious and would take a deep breath, before her mother began chocking and collapsed. at the doctors, she was sobbing heavily, asking them if she was in trouble. after that, she had to regulate her nervousness and anxiety from getting much too overwhelming. she was only 5 now.

sitting quietly on the bench, her legs crossed, she breathed softly, letting her lungs expand and reduce, taking the gases in the air within a 10 inch radius, which wasn't much. she perked up when she heard a whine.

"kacchan! stop being mean."

being nosy, especially at such a young age, she turned her head towards the smaller boys, the gas falling flat in the air.

the kid across from the one seemingly rocking in his boots had blonde hair, and his hands were smoking. he must've had a quirk. he chuckled, "stop being a nerd and maybe i will!" two boys behind him snickered, using their own quirks.

standing up, she stood in front of the scared boy, looking down at the other, "leave him alone."

"who are you?" he seemed to get angry quick at the mere sight of her standing in his way, "get out of my way! this is none of your business!"

"is that any way to speak to your elder, little boy?" she spoke softly, "leave him alone." her eyes narrowed, "or i'll have to teach you and your friends a lesson."

the kid crossed his arms, his hands still smoking, reluctant to move.

tugging his ear, a flick went through his head and she lead him away from the park, "where's your mother?" although he was dazed, he pointed towards his home, and she lead him there.

knocking on the door of the home, she released him and explained the issue. she took him into the house, thanking her before she shut the door. the two began to bicker, until she opened the door again, smiling at the girl sweetly, "what's your name, sweetheart?"

"endo yukiko"

she shut the door again before ordering her son over to the door, who came over reluctantly, a pout on his lips. nudging him with her knee, she whispered, "apologize."

he looked up at the girl, groaning, "i'm sorry you had to bring me home. my mother taught me right from wrong and i try not to embarrass her."

she chuckled, "don't let me catch you doing it again. i know where you live now."

he murmured to himself, walking back inside. giving a deep bow to his mother, she walked off. she wondered what his quirk was for him to act so cocky for such a young kid.