three

it's been ten months since yukiko had seen izuku. she was sure he was busy with school, and not just that, but also busy with trying to find a way to get into UA without a quirk. she'd text him, asking if he could hang out and do something but he was always busy. she thought maybe he was blowing her off. yukiko settled with hanging out with katsuki for the time being, which was as it always was; filled with insults and odd challenges.

but now, it was time for the exams: february 26. yukiko woke up early, got ready, grabbed her bag and headed out the door towards katsuki's house. walking down the road towards the building, she hummed sweetly. yukiko was excited. knocking on the door gently, she smiled up at mitsuki, "good morning! is katsuki awake?"

"he's getting ready right now. come on in, yuki-chan." she held the door open, "are you excited? your second year at UA! do you already have a plan of your extra curriculars?"

"my teacher last year offered to take me in as a teacher's assistant! i don't think i'm much cut out for the pro hero scene, so i asked if i could do any extra curriculars there. we were lucky enough to convince the principal!" smiling brightly, yukiko gripped her bag tightly.

"i'm so proud of you!" mitsuki hummed, "yuki-chan, do you think i can ask something of you?"

"hm? of course, mitsuki. what is it?"

she smiled softly, her eyes watering a bit, "please keep an eye on katsuki. he's waited so long for this. i don't want him to screw it up."

she smiled softly, "i won't even leave his side, mitsuki! he'll be the honor roll student you imagine!"

she smiled, pulling the student in for a hug, "thank you, yukiko. you're my hero."

patting her back gently, yukiko sighed, "i'll be an exact copy of you. don't worry."

"what the hell are you hags doing?" katsuki asked, sneering.

"what? i can't hug your mommy?" she pouted, "come on, we're gonna be late, idiot."

"don't call me idiot, dumbass!" he shouted, walking towards the door and pushing it open.

"see you on your birthday, yuki-chan! you're gonna be 5!"

yukiko waved bye to mitsuki with a bright smile and chased after the flame head, "know where you're going?"

"of course i do." he grumbled, "what's the matter with you? showing up on my front door like some random."

"ah, katsuki, i told you i'd get you out of bed!" she wrapped her arm over his shoulder, pinching his cheeks, "and by the way, this is the wrong way. unless, of course, you're trying to take me to see those lovely cherry blossom trees. oh and if you want to be late." she smiled, "i don't want to destroy your whole fashionably late kinda thing."

katsuki growled, turning around and walked the correct direction, "like i'd take you to see cherry blossoms, idiot."

"you wound me, katsuki. when are you going to let me in? we've been my friend for years. come on, just call yukiko!"

he rolled his eyes, "shut up. you're walking too slow." he lifted her over his shoulder again, "what have you been eating lately?"