eight

taking the ice pack from momo, yukiko smiled up at her and gently pressed it against her swelling eye. if anything, she had gotten more beat up than that of izuku. or katsuki. she sat in one of the chairs in front of the screens.

"well, despite the results. the mvp of this exercise is young iida!"

tenya gasped, "huh?!"

"shouldn't it be one of the heroes instead, since they're the winners?" tsuyu asked, tapping her chin.

"valid question!" All Might smiled, "why didn't i choose one of those two? who has a guess?"

momo raised her hand, "sir! i can tell you why! iida embraced this challenge. he was the only one who truly adapted to his assigned role." she paused for a moment, "i'll explain. bakugo's judgement was clouded by a personal grudge against midoriya. as you pointed out earlier, launching a large scale attack indoors was a foolish move. it could have been disastrous. similarly, midoriya's plan was also poorly thought out, considering the amount of damage that he received. he rendered himself helpless. not smart. as for uraraka. she let her guard down mid-battle, and her final attack was far too reckless given the hypothetical stakes. if she'd treated the fake weapon as though it were real, she never would've risked using such an imprecise move. iida was fully prepared for his opponent's arrival. he had a strategy, and never lost sight of his mission to protect the dummy weapon, even if he was foiled in the end."

yukiko chuckled softly at tenya's reactions. he seemed very moved, she pat his back as he sobbed in excitement.

"technically, the hero team won, yes, but they took advantage of the fact that this was training. they didn't respect the spirit of the trial."

"yes... well, you overlooked a few things." All Might stuttered out, "young iida could have relaxed a little bit in the exercise, but... otherwise, you nailed it!" he sent momo a thumbs up, with a soft chuckle.

"one should always start with the basics and devote themselves wholeheartedly to learning. that's the only real way to become a top hero." she stood proudly.

"now then. time to blow this joint. let's move on to the next match! think about everything we saw and discussed as you tackle this training for yourself." All Might reached in pulling out a white B ball and a black I ball.

yukiko stood up, setting the ice pack down and lead the two teams out for the training trial. shoto and mezo were team hero and mashirao and toru were team villains. yukiko perched herself on the fire escape, watching as team hero walked into the building on All Might's mark.

mezo extended his dupli-arms and molded an ear out of one of them then molded it into a mouth, "one's in the hall on the north side of the fourth floor. and i think the other's on the same level somewhere. both are barefoot."

she peered in at the two on the hero team, amazed at the skill mezo had. he could figure all that out just using his quirk?

mezo turned to look at shoto, "i bet the invisible one plans to sneak up and surprise us."

shoto stepped forward, "for your own safety, go outside. as well as you, yukiko." you climbed down the fire escape, standing beside mezo, "i'm sure our opponents intend to fight a defensive battle." shoto placed his right hand on the wall of the building, ice spreading around his hand, "but we already won." the ice covered the hallway in a second and mezo took yukiko out of the building.