four

53 minutes into the exam and yukiko was able to finish it. looking around, she saw majority of the people finished. she just assumed maybe they had gotten the same letter test as herself.

the questions were... strangely simple. they had asked about her quirk and given some questions about the previous studies she had. yukiko had no doubt that the others will finish soon.

looking up at the screen, she saw the seven different screens of the mock battles that went on. she wondered where katsuki and izuku were placed. remembering her own mock practical exam always left her with a shiver down her spine. she definitely didn't do her best during that test and she didn't want to remember it in the slightest. the first year students were all excited and jittery to start their test.

as the gates to the mock city opened, yukiko caught sight of them sprinting past the doors. she didn't know which arena katsuki and izuku had gotten, but she knew for sure that they were split up. that must've pissed katsuki off. he looked forward to showing izuku up, not that yukiko thought it was a good idea, but once katsuki had his mind set on something, he never let it go until it was completed.

looking at the different contenders levitating, or exploding, or tearing the robots apart, it was obvious there was a ton of competition in the first years. different students stealing others targets or students using the robots blind spots to attack or even attacking directly head on.

watching intently, yukiko nibbled on her bottom lip as different students popped up on the screen for the respective arena. in arena a, she saw katsuki surrounded by destroyed parts of the robots. scoffing, she shook her head. he always tried to find something to take his anger out on.

"oh, my brother is doing well." toshino smiled, "he's in the f arena. i heard that one was so much harder to maneuver."

suddenly, in the b arena, a 0 pointer appeared and she could see the students run off. it was crazy to see the the size difference between all four of the enemies.

then, out of the blue, a student pounced upwards and punched the 0 pointer straight on. yukiko widened her eyes to the point she was sure they would roll out her head. "holy shit." she whispered.

toshino furrowed her brows, "that kid is powerful. the entire robot just fell apart."

yukiko wasn't frozen because of the impact. she was frozen because that was izuku.

izuku, the little boy she protected from a troublesome katsuki. izuku, her neighbor who she knew like the back of her hand. izuku, her best friend.

where'd he get such a powerful quirk? she was sure he wasn't born with it... all quirks show up in elementary school, at least. although, she was sure that the doctor said he wouldn't have a quirk.

"izuku..." she whispered more to herself than anyone. she felt emotional all of a sudden. this was the boy she had to comfort after finding out he wouldn't have a quirk. she mentally adopted him as her younger brother. yukiko smiled softly, wiping her cheeks. she was so happy for him.

just as quick as izuku jumped, he fell. and her pride suddenly filled with worry. the spectating camera zoomed in on the falling izuku, his arm swollen, and yukiko wondered if maybe he had broken his arms. as he fell, izuku screamed, it getting louder each second as he gets closer to the ground. before he reached the ground, the same girl they both saw early this morning hit him from atop a piece of the robot that had fallen. in a second, izuku was floating again and gently set on the ground, along with the robot piece. the girl immediately covered her mouth, a sick look on her face before she threw up.