Chapter: 1 Juliet

The blaring alarm and bang on my door took me out of my small coma. My head pounding with each bang on the door.

"KATHRINE HENDERSON" I opened one of my eyes searching for something but not realizing what I was searching for. "GET UP YOUR GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL, YOU PROMISED TO TAKE YOUR BROTHER TODAY!" Screamingly my mother continued. "O...okay." I managed to say in order to regain my peace back.

I turned enough to look at my curtains. The red fabric slightly ripped letting in what felt like the whole sun but shining in almost as if it was telling her something. Her green eyes followed the light which slowly took her to the right side of her bed. Resting on her pillow was a set of blonde curls against the pillow, their body up against the wall, the boy's shirtless body peering out of the grey silk sheets curling up almost like a puppy, his ocean blue eyes opened locking onto mine.

"Morning Princess." His mouth formed a small smirk.
"Billy!" My mouth dropped as his name slipped my lips.

***********( 48 HOURS BEFORE )************

I ran downstairs frantically looking for my keys. "DUSTIN HURRY UP IM TAKING YOU THIS WEEK!" The curly brown-haired boy let out an annoyed sigh. "You better not embarrass me." Her brother mumbled jogging out from his room.

"In your dreams, you already do that yourself" I scoffed back quickly giving him a death glare as she leads him out of the house.

They quickly got into her 72 Oldsmobile 442, as per usual her brother turned the nobs on the radio looking for tunes. 'Let's go crazy - by prince' played slightly on the radio and Dustin turned the nob on the radio filling the car with tunes. Kathrine rolled her eyes and continued speeding down the road.

Pulling into Hawkins High she parked next to Jonathan Byer's car, Jonathan was sitting on top of his car next to Nancy Wheeler. Nancy's boyfriend Steve Harington leaned on the side of the car resting his head on Nancy's shoulder. The trio looking up from the book Nancy had in her hands.

Before the car could come to a complete stop Dustin darted out quickly " Love you kat!" He said screamed to his sister giving a quick wave to the trio sitting on the car before darting towards the middle school.

"Love you." She said but he was already to far gone to hear her. Katherine turned towards her friend's curious about the huge book in Nancy's hands.

"What's going on," Kat said scanning there faces for answers. Nancy turned the opened brown leather book and proceeded to rest it in Katherine's hands.

"It's all of us!" Nancy said through a big smile. I eye both Steve and Jonathan who looked at her in awe. She looked back down turning the pages taking in the photo's of the four of them, elementary and middle school photos smiling back at Katherine.

"Remember the dances." Steve stopped her and pointed at a picture of a small 7th grader with light brown hair. Kat's hair pushed to one side in the photo and her small green eyes staring as Steve Harrington who held her hand, and Nancy held Jonathan's. Kathrine stared in awe taking in the memories.

"We went on a friend date," Kat said looking up and laughing. Steve's eyes went soft giving her a small smile loving the way her laughter filled the air.

Before Nancy could notice, a car engine stole their attention. It filled the air of the parking lot the four staring as a light blue 79 Chevrolet Camaro speed barely missing a few people that were crossing, it parked roughly on the left of Katherine's car.

"Asshat." Steve said under his breath. Kat heard his remark and looked over at him giving him a soft smile.

A dirty blonde mullet stepped out of the car, black sunglasses on the boys face, a cigarette dangling out the corner of his mouth. He wore a denim jacket with a white button-up stopping halfway up his chest expose the bare flesh underneath. His denim jeans hugged him in the right places as he leaned on his car he took a final drag of his cigarette and then proceeded tossing it in the grass next to his car. Flaming red hair came from the passenger's side of his car revealing a small girl, she proceeded to drop a skateboard and skated off towards the middle school.