Chapter: 2 Bad Guy

As Kathrine got out of her car and headed to her front porch, her mother walked out. She was dressed in her nurse uniform and looked frantic.

"Katherine the hospital called they need me to come in early, so please make sure you take the meatloaf out of the oven in 15 minutes." She kissed both Katherine and Dustin on their checks before rushing into her Python Horizon, she waved to her chilldern before pulling away.

"Mom's doing overnights again.... for how long." Dustin looked at his sister sadness filled his gaze. She pulled him into a resurging hug as she dragged him into there home at the same time. She felt the same way but couldn't do anything, ever since their father left it was hard for their small family.

"It too much for me to handle right now." He said leaving them with the 72 Oldsmobile 442, and enough money to last for a year. An those were the last words both her mother and her heard from him, Katherine was only seven when her father left Dustin was two. It never hurt him as much as it did Katherine she had so many memories with her father. The memories haunted her but she pushed the memories of him into the back of her head trying her best to be strong for her mother and brother. Her mom did well without him she was the head nurse and made more than enough for there family to survive, the difficulties were mainly being she was never really home. She made these sacrifices for her children so Katherine never dared to complain.

"Wanna go to Mike's later." Kat asked, Dustin looked up at his sister and smiled weakly at her attempt to make him feel better.

"Sure, can I sleepover?" His brown eyes pled into hers, she sighed slightly.

"Fine, but you have to call Mrs. Wheeler and ask." Kat smiled back before walking into the kitchen removing the steaming meatloaf from the oven setting it down at the table. She and Dustin tore into the food with just forks eating straight from the tin.

After dinner, Kat ran upstairs rushing to get ready for her study session. She jumped in the shower and began to apply the Cherry scented shampoo in her thick brown hair, after removing the shampoo she began to shave every inch of her whole body. Dustin began banging on the bathroom door, so quickly she hopped out wrapping a towel around herself and opened the door.

"Hurry up! You're dropping me off not going to a beauty pageant!" Dustin said rudely, Katherine rolled her eyes as she passed him in the hall and shut the door in his face ignoring his snappy remark.

Pulling over her head she a maroon long-sleeved shirt she paired with some dark washed Jean's and tucked her shirt in. Kat quickly put her wavey long hair up in a nice ponytail making her green eyes pop more, then tussled her bangs for an effortless look, she russled into her bag finding the small case of  strawberry lip gloss and applied it generously before and threw her converse on.

"Let's go now!" She screamed while looking at the clock she had 1 hour till Billy got there she quickly grabbed her keys and ran downstairs. Dustin walked into the living room eyeing her sister up and down.

"What!" She said curious to why the young boy gave her an awful expression.

"Got a date or something." He said while making fake gaging sounds. Her face became red with the realization that she dolled up for the blonde boy.

"Nooooo." She said pushing her brother out the house and into the car. She ran back inside and quickly wrote a small note sticking it to their front door for Billy just in case he got there before her.

 /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\

'Madonna Like a virgin blasted' on the radio, and Katharine changed it but as she changed the radio and 'careless whispers by - Gorge Michael' filled the car. This wasn't helping her sudden anxiety at all.