Chapter: 7 Deadly Sins

Steve saw the horror on Katherine's faces, he followed her gaze to Billy, who had now stopped in his tracks. The color had slowly drained from his face as he looked back at Katherine. Billy bent down and whispered something to Tina who immediately got into the passenger side of his Camaro, he began to walk towards them but Katherine ripped his jacket off and threw it on the floor before getting into her car and locking the doors.

"Katherine open the door. " Billy said through a fake smile while peering into the window staring at the now broken girl. All Kat could do was stare into her lap as she fidged with her keys, Billy began banging on the window and pulling on the handle of the car repeatedly.

"Katherine open the Goddam door!" He screamed, this time getting her attention, she turned to face both boys who stood there staring back at her. Katherine's tears had disappeared and were now replaced with emptiness, she turned away and started the car putting the car in reverse in seconds and speed of not looking back once.

Katherine drove until her mind leads her to the last person she wanted to see, She walked up the long driveway and used the last strength she had to knock on the door.

"Katherine?" Mrs. Wheeler stood there looking at the distort girl, concern took over Mrs. Wheeler's face as she looked down at her.

"Is Nancy home." At this point Katherine was crying uncontrollably, the woman nodded pulling her into a hug trying to soothe her pain even for just a moment. Kat wiped her tears away and gave her a small smile before walking up the stairs. Once at the door, she opened it slightly peering her head inside

"Kathrine?" Nancy looked at her best friend worry filling her face as kat fell into her arms.

/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\

"Those assholes!" Nancy screamed, Katherine had explained almost every detail about her fight with Steve and Billy's, only leaving out the part where she confessed to Steve about her feelings. Katherine didn't like lying to Nancy but after she found out about her and Steve's breakup she didn't want to make matters worse.

"I just feel so stupid, like I was being used by both of them." She sighed slightly as she plopped herself onto the bed while looking at Nancy.

"Fuck boys!" Nancy screamed trying her best to make Kat smile, Kat chimed in agreeing.

"Yea fuck boy!" They both laughed before a knock interrupted them.

"Katherine your mother called she wants you to head home she leaving to work shortly." Kat nodded at Mrs. Wheeler

"Ok, Thank you, Mrs.Wheeler." She smirked as the woman closed the door leaving them both alone once more.

"Can't your sleepover?" Nancy whined giving her a pleading look.

"Tomorrow I can my mom doesn't work so I don't have to babysit. " Kat said as she quickly gathered her things, Nancy began to beam with excitement.

"Ok, tomorrow morning I'll tell Jonathan to give me a ride to the store, and I'll buy some junk for us to enjoy, you get the movies. " Nancy said already enthusiastic about tomorrows events, Kat nodded acknowledging her duties, she gave her a small hug before heading off.

Katherine was lost in thought as she drove home she thought about Steve and her heart ached as his words repeated in her head. By the time she pulled into her house she had realized her eyes were a little puffy from holding in the urge to cry, she hated crying she felt it made her weak.

"Dustin!" Katherine screamed as she walked into the house. Silence greeted her as she walked
into the kitchen heading towards Dustin's room, a note was left on his door.