soft scented warmth . sugawara koushi

WORD COUNT/ 610
NOTES/ inspired by downy unstopables bc i fucking love the scent so fucking much !! i have a friend who smells like laundry detergent and its just so soft and i love it and im a bitch for it.

also i dunno what happened but i just whipped these two (oikawa n sugawara) one shots out of my ass all of a sudden. even im surprised that im actually writing.

"hmmmm~ so warm~~" you swooned from the floor, practically melting into the comforting heat of the comforters sugawara had brought to the room you two were going to share for the night. it was his room and you were sleeping over, despite living right next door, for relationship building purposes. and so his mom told him to wash all his comforters and what not to make sure there was a freshness to his room and that you weren't sleeping on his sweat and body oils.

"you'll suffocate," sugawara chuckled, watching you with warm eyes as you wrapped yourself into the mass of blankets. he only saw your left foot and some of your hair which he found adorable. but still unsafe. "come out, i don't want you dying before our so-called relationship building activity."

you laughed at his remark and lazy sarcasm, your laughter muffled by the blankets but still recognizable. it put a smile on his face and brought him to shake his head. he noticed that you wiggled around to find a way out, or to at least pop your head out for some air, and soon met your lively gaze. a soft giggle left your lips and you gave him a goofy grin. "don't act like you don't wanna have a sleepover, koushi. you're the one who said we still need to marathon we bare bears together even though we're properly caught up."

his nose scrunched as he held back a laugh. it was true, there was no denying it, but it didn't matter as he just wanted to spend time with you. "yeah whatever," he responded nonchalantly, shrugging at your words and waving them off, "just get out from the blankets so i can do my bed and we can do our we bare bears marathon."

you laughed once again and obliged to his request, even lending a helping hand to speed up the process.

"is your laundry always this soft scented? it's literally a hug to my nose," you brought up, a smile on your face as you took a sniff of his blanket before folding it. it was a rather comforting smell, gentle on your nose unlike other scents that made you cringe or even want to gag. it didn't bring about a stingy feeling as your inhaled and instead felt soft and danced with the air you took in. simply put, it was pleasant. "this is literally exactly how you smell too, you know?"

sugawara hummed. "it's what my clothes are washed in, genius."

your nosed scrunched in slight embarrassment. "yeah, yeah, i know."

a light chuckle slipped passed his mouth as he finished up with his bed. the warmth from his covers still lingered, making his bed all the more inviting to lay on and sleep in. at this point, he wasn't sure he wanted to proceed with the marathon he had in mind. sleeping early engulfed in a soft kind of warmth seemed to be more inviting.

you most likely had the same mindset, welcoming yourself onto the bed first and snuggling up into the warmth. a satisfied hum made it to his ears and brought out a smile on his face.

"so what? no marathon?" he asked, turning away from you to turn his lights off. he was aware of the answer but decided on the small talk anyway. maybe you might not actually agree (which was highly unlikely).

"hhhmm i'd rather sleep. the warmth is swallowing me up so fast that i can't even see the light anymore."

"i turned the lights off, idiot."

you laughed. "yeah yeah whatever, just come lay down with me and be warm."