elevator conversation . oikawa tooru

WORD COUNT/ 1.14k
NOTES/ welcome to ceo!oikawa ,,, also pls dont ask for a part 2

they bought the company you worked for and now you had a new ceo standing in front of you and your coworkers with a smile on his handsome face as he introduced himself to you all. as if he didn't already do so at the welcoming party held last night for him. you didn't go though so you supposed this would technically be the first time you were meeting him.

kinda.

oikawa tooru, the cute guy you saw at the lobby that bumped into you and made you drop all your papers, was not who you expected to be the new ceo of this company. you even yelled at him out of frustration since you worked so hard organizing everything for your bratty supervisor. nonetheless he helped you and you were grateful. apologies were exchanged and you even landed yourself a date later on as an apology from him.

now here you were meeting your ceo face to face and suddenly you were screaming in your mind for him to not take you out on a date. if anything, the only taking out he was going to be doing was taking you out of this, now his, company.

you were doomed.

"oh! you," you heard him call out as soon as his eyes made contact with yours. a goofy grin spread on his face and he waved, approaching you casually.

you felt so embarrassed and immediately began hearing whispers from the people around you. suddenly you wanted to be thrown out of a window. laughing sheepishly you waved back at your new boss and smiled the nicest smile you could possibly muster through your current state of mind. "hi sir."

he laughed and shook his head. "no need for such formalities f/n! it's pretty exciting to be working together, isn't it?"

you weren't 100% sure but you had a feeling this was some sort of revenge for not getting the idea back when you first encountered one another. his tone was light but held menace that made your knees weak. arms heavy. probably induce you to vomit too.

"yeaaaahhh," you responded forcefully.

he chuckled and brought his arm up to set a hand on your head. his touch was gentle and rather endearing, not exactly ruffling your hair but just kinda holding your head. a part of you was wondering if he was sizing you up but you were hoping for better things as opposed to being thrown out of your dream job. "you know you're kinda cute all shy like this. it's way different than when we first met."

"well that was before i knew you were my boss," you lightly shot, holding back a glare. you grumbled the next part but not coherently enough he could understand it. "if i knew, i'd let you trample over me and my papers."

oikawa pulled away and giggled before turning away from you to face the rest of his new staff. he thanked them, gave a couple words of encouragement and then said a polite goodbye. this gave you the idea that you could turn away and head back to your desk but your arm was grabbed all of a sudden, tugging you back to where you were previously standing.

your eyes followed the arm which would obviously only belong to the young ceo himself and you nervously smiled. "yes mr. oikawa sir?"

"walk me out, would you?"

his smile was sweet, but very scary, so you agreed. it wasn't even that far a walk from the elevator so it would be a quick detour before you went back to work. of course oikawa had other plans though, dragging you into the elevator as soon as it opened and impatiently pressing the ground floor button as well as the one that would close the door.

"so you're still up for that date, right?" he asked as soon as the doors closed and it was just the two of you. you could see him staring at the corner of your eye but you remained stiff and stared straight.

"uhㅡ" you choked out, "i'm meanㅡ i don't want to get fired..."

he laughed melodically and once again brought a hand to your head. "i'm not petty, f/n. you can tell me no if it makes you uncomfortable, i won't make life hell for you. but, i would like to say that i would love to be given a chance to woo you over."

this made your already fast beating heart beat faster and harder against your chest. it was as if it was trying to escape and throw itself to oikawa to do with however he pleases. it was an odd mix of anixety, some of your nervousness rooting from being around your boss and most rooting from his smooth talk that made your knees go weak. it was new but it wasn't exactly bad. so why the hell not?

"do you want tiㅡ"

"i'll go!" you answered quickly, breath hitching at the realization you had cut him off. you were too in your head to realize he was speaking, too focused on how you wanted to project your current feelings without looking scared or desperate. though it didn't seem to work since you ended up yelling at him.

he just stared, his heart skipping a beat as he tried to study your flushed expression. you looked scared but you had a part of your expression that let him know you were quite thrilled through all your nervousness. he couldn't help but compare you to his exes for a brief moment, recalling that he hasn't felt this strongly about someone even on the first day. he deemed you different.

and extremely cute.

the elevator let out a small ring as it arrived onto the ground floor, breaking the silence that surrounded the both of you and relieving some of the tension floating around within the confined space. this was oikawa's cue to go though he didn't exactly want to leave things untied.

he smiled and let out a soft laugh, once again ruffling your hair gently. "okay," he murmured, leaning in close to your face with a warm expression. his cheeks were as flushed as yours were and his heart was pounding just as hard as yours was. "i'll text you later."

all you could do was nod, gazing at the young man in front of you with a mix of shock and admiration. he had to hold himself back from completely devouring you right then and there, reminding himself this was the workplace and not at all appropriate to do what he wanted in an elevator. so he settled for something less.

he leaned in and gave you a quick peck on the cheek before standing up straight and smiling down at you. "bye f/n," he said with a cute giggle, turning to leave you in the elevator, "i'll see you later, okay?"