friendly hangout with nature . aone takanobu

WORD COUNT/ 1.19k
NOTES/ inspired by

littlemochifairy walking with aone outside and chilling on a bench watching life pass around them❞

an unlikely friendship blossomed between you and aone the day you decided to sit beside him on the train ride to school. he didn’t know who you were as your uniform wasn’t from his school but he was glad that you happily took the seat beside him with a bright smile on your face. you were someone he became fond of quickly, looking forward to every morning that you’d come onto the train and take the vacant seat on either side of him. usually nobody wanted to sit by his side so seeing that you had no problem with his big size and intimidating front made him really happy. 

“good morning, aone-san~” you greeted with a smile, like always, “did you have a good breakfast?”

he only nodded, giving you a small smile as he scooted over to give you some more room. you still sat flushed beside him anyway and hugged your backpack close to your chest, looking up at the gentle giant with a pleased expression. 

“are you doing anything after school today?” 

he shook his head. 

“oh awesome! me too!” you beamed, “how about you and i grab a snack after school then?” you didn’t give him a chance to nod or shake his head before you continued on with your proposal, eager to hangout with him outside of the train. “mmmmm my school isn’t too far from yours so why don’t you and i meet in the middle? i’ll come to your station and wait!” 

your eyes searched for an answer in his and you took note that it looked like he was thinking for a while. he felt a little shy with your suggestion, never really having much people to hangout with when there wasn’t volleyball practice. it was an unfamiliar experience as most of his free time was spent alone reading or taking walks outside but he was thrilled to experience spending time with you outside of the train ride to your own schools.

“okay,” he spoke softly, his voice bringing a shiver down your spine. 

you grinned and gave him a thumbs up, a light peachy blush on your cheeks as you gazed up at the male. “awesome! it’s a date—! or i mean!! that's just an expression! d-don't worry!! it’s a friendly hangout!” 

you were eager the whole day, your friends confused with your excitement throughout the day. it was understandable for students to look forward to home time but you were much more excited than the normal student. you didn’t even stay to chat for a while before gathering your things and rushing out of the school to head to the station. 

like promised, you met with aone at his train station. it was easy to find him since his appearance was much like a polar bear which made finding him not that difficult of a task. he came to greet you politely with a bow which you returned and the both of you headed your way to an ice cream parlour not far from the station. 

with his quiet personality, you spent most of the time talking to him while he listened and gave you shorter responses. it might have bothered other people but you were quick to understand him throughout the small and short meetings you two have had since you started sitting beside him. he had the warmest heart and the kindest intentions and his silence wasn’t a problem. you were more than happy to talk to him since you knew he was listening anyway. 

when he suggested to take you to the park nearby to sit on a bench you were more than surprised. you of course agreed and let him lead the way, a blush on your cheeks as you smiled while walking. 

he chose to sit on a bench, you sitting beside him like you would on the train — right by his side with your side against his. he didn’t mind, enjoying the closeness as a small smile formed on his lips. 

“do you like to sit outside and watch nature sometimes?” you asked, licking your ice cream as you let your eyes gaze around the environment you both settled in. 

“i do,” he answered, “i do it all the time closer to my neighbourhood… do you?”

a warmth bubbled in your chest at his response and you nodded, giving him a bright smile to acknowledge him. “it’s really nice to take in how wonderful life can be sometimes,” you explained to him, turning away to watch the life around the both of you. 

there were a couple people walking around, ranging from friends to lovers to children and to even business partners! they all looked pleased with the warm weather, the cleanliness of the park and the happiness around them. kids were laughing with their friends, teenagers were playing games while running around and some couples were having picnics in the distance. you took note of the small animals scurrying about as well, mainly targeting the couples having picnics. 

one thing that caught your attention in particular was a small family of ducks, baby ducklings following their mom hurriedly as she walked around as leisurely as the humans around them. 

“aone-san! look!” you beamed, excitement clear in your voice as you pointed towards the family of ducks, “wow that’s so cute~!” 

aone hummed, letting his eyes take in the admittedly adorable sight of waddling baby ducklings. though his eyes were quick to leave the ducks and instead wander over to you. he took in your expression, the bright light in your eyes, the pink on your cheeks, the redness of your lips from the cold treat and the wide smile that graced your lips. he noticed the way your lashes flowed forward, the way the corner of your eyes would crinkle when you laughed at a duckling that lost its footing, the way your nose scrunched as you swooned over the cute babies.

he found himself thankful that you chose to sit beside him. having a friend as bright as you was still a newer experience but he liked being around you. he liked seeing you happy and he figured he should let you know. 

“y/n?” he called out softly, bringing your attention to him. this time you faced him and the expression you had while watching the baby ducks was now in front of him. he noticed the way your cheeks flushed a deeper colour and how you nervously bit you bottom lip. he liked it all. he smiled and chuckled. “you’re very cute. thank you for sitting beside me."

this time the red on your cheeks spread to your ears and your once bright eyes widened in panic. you became a stuttering mess, stumbling over your words to thank him and return the appreciation, which made for some entertainment on aone's end. he reassured you with a smile though and gently patted your shoulder before the both of you turned to watch life pass around you yet again.

"do you wanna do this tomorrow again?" you asked softly, "or maybe next week?"

he didn't need to think twice and nodded. "i do."