only tonight . bokuto koutarou

WORD COUNT/ 2192
NOTES/ mentions of alcohol

-

he wanted to blame the alcohol in his system but he was more than aware that he didn’t take a single sip of liquid courage to be able to hold you this close against his body. your skin burned his hands as he held you by the waist, your crop top raised as your arms lifted to wrap around his neck. the angelic smile never left your flushed face and your giggles were melodies he knew he was going to have a hard time getting out of his head later on. he grinned, his face leaning closer to yours as you laughed at the stupid joke he told you just now. 

you were drunk, you honestly had no idea what he said, but it was funny anyway and he knew it was the alcohol in your system that made you so giggly. you swung your body along to the music, surprisingly still capable of moving with the beat even after the mountains of shots you had with everyone earlier on. you were loose with your movements, prompting bokuto to move along with you and partially keep you steady so that you didn’t fall and hurt yourself. 

“you’re the funniest fucking guy in the world koutarou!” you yelled, wanting to make sure he could hear you over the floor shaking music, “why the fuck have you not cuffed my ass!?”

he laughed, your eyes lighting up at the bright look on his face. even with lights flashing different colours around the both of you, you were able to make out the beauty of his face when he was happy. “you goofball!” he shouted back which brought back your giggling. 

you laughed again, feeling a warmth spread around your body that was probably from all the alcohol you consumed and the butterflies bokuto gave you. you smiled widely at the feeling and began exaggerating the tilt of your head as you swayed from side to side. “tell me another joke!” 

“slow down!” he told you, his hands moving from your waist which made you pout. you cut him off before he could elaborate on his concern. 

“hey! keep holding me!” you shouted, “i like having your hands on my waist you know!” 

“you’ll get motion sickness if you throw your head around like that, y/n,” he told you leaning in closer to your ear so that he wouldn’t have to yell so loud. his hand gently held your face by your jaw to steady your head, making you face him so that you were a bit more stationary. your body still moved though and your feet keeping stepping from to side with your hips swaying along. 

you were piss drunk, you weren’t aware of whoever was around you and if you thought hard enough about it you probably wouldn’t even be able to tell anyone where you were. even still, you were able to focus on bokuto in front of you, holding you close and so intimately that suddenly all you wanted was him to hold you however he pleased. as long as his hands were on you, you couldn’t complain. 

bokuto took note of the slightly dazed look on your face, almost as if you had sobered up for a moment, but he knew the shots of pink lemonade vodka, bottles of endless flavours of soju and the rounds of tequila, to name a few of the drinks you've consumed, was not suddenly going to evaporate from your system. 

“what y/n?” he asked, gently caressing your jaw and smiling warmly at you,”are you feeling okay? did you wanna stop dancing? wanna sit down?”

your bright smile returned and you shook your head in response, bokuto bringing you back to the moment and your body immediately beginning to move as energetically as it was earlier. “no!” you beamed, pulling him closer to you so that your chest was against his, “let’s keep dancing!” 

he laughed and nodded, letting you have your way and moving his body in accordance to yours. when you swayed to the left, so did he; when you took a step back, he took one forward; when you wanted to spin your body around, he guided you and made sure that it wasn’t too fast that you’d suddenly lose yourself.