midnight stargazing . tsukishima kei

WORD COUNT/ 1.07k
NOTES/ inspired by

-sunchxld reader and tsukki have a special tree that they go to in the middle of the night to stargaze❞

living in the countryside had its perks; there wasn’t enough light pollution like there would be in the big city which meant the stars were easy to see. it was one of your favourite things since moving to miyagi and you were more than happy to be able to share these kinds of moments with your favourite blond who just so happened to have the balcony room right next to yours. 

you opened the sliding door to your balcony and giggled to yourself as you maneuvered your way to the tsukishima household. your knock was gentle against his sliding door as you were aware that it was passed midnight but loud enough so that if tsukishima was sleeping, he’d hear it. 

the blinds of his sliding door were pulled back quicker than you thought it would and he greeted you with a scowl, eyes squinted and hair messy. he stared for a moment, pondering if he should just ignore you or open the door to let you in and eventually decided on the latter since you looked cold in just a t shirt and shorts. 

“good evening,” you whispered as you walked into his room, taking in the view as if you haven’t been in there before. you noticed a couple of his notebooks out which meant he was probably studying and a couple of his clothes just lying around on the floor. he truly was a teenager and not just some bitter old soul. 

“what do you want, y/n?” he grumbled, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, “did you need to copy my homework? because if you do just take my notebook and i’m gonna go back to sleep.”

you laughed quietly and shook your head, gently shoving him which made him stumble back. it was only because he was tired that this happened — typically he was a wall that never moved despite being so lanky. maybe it was all the blocking that he practiced for, you thought. 

“i couldn’t sleep,” you explained to him quietly, “i thought maybe you might have the situation.” 

tsukishima knew it was a lie and narrowed his stare at you, a frown forming on his lips. 

“did you wanna go stargaze with me by the old tree?” you proposed with a shy smile. 

if it were anybody else, he’d probably say no and cuss them out for waking him up at such an ungodly hour, but because it was you he didn’t find himself all that bothered. he sighed, though it was a bit forced, and shuffled around in his room so he could grab a hoodie. this was enough for you to know that you were going to be getting what you wanted. 

he tossed you a hoodie, only regretting it after you had slipped it on because he knew he was never going to get that back unless he went to your house and ripped it from your closet. nonetheless, he continued on and lead you outside of his room so that you could head out with him. he lent you his mom’s slides since wearing anybody else’s in the family would make you look like a clown and would just make it hard to walk. 

once you both were ready to go, he walked out with you and headed straight for the park with the hill that an old tree called home. 

that tree probably held a lot of significance to many people in the neighbourhood since it was an ideal place to either have your first kiss, ask someone to marry you or tell someone good news. the story you and tsukishima had was just a bit simpler. he couldn’t sleep one night and felt upset about something and went to the tree first. it was you who followed after, surprised to see someome out so late, saying that you couldn’t sleep and said that stargazing helped you calm down. that first night was spent in total silence, just two teenagers basking in the presence of one another and gazing up at stars and trying to make out constellations they never learned. 

and the same thing was probably going to happen tonight, much like every other night one of you couldn’t sleep or just wanted to hangout late at night. 

you laid down first, a smile on your face as you took in the dark sky littered with bright stars like a blanket. your limbs spread out and you giggled, relaxing your body into the soft lush grass like it was your own bed. tsukishima soon followed after, moving your leg and arm to your side so that he could lay properly by your side. a sigh left his lips as soon as he got settled and like always, his eyes were glued to the dark blanket of stars laid out in front of him. 

like always, it was quiet, but within a few minutes, tsukishima had spoken up to break the comfortable silence. 

“was there anything on your mind?” he asked, eyes still steady on the sky. 

you didn’t answer right away which gave him the idea that you were thinking or maybe even hesitating to tell him the truth. however, his ears caught soft snoring and his head whipped to your direction. it hadn’t been long yet you had already fallen asleep, a smile on your lips as you seemingly dreamed about something happy. 

he wanted to kick you in the gut for dragging him out only to fall asleep so quickly but found himself in awe at your beauty. it was weird to watch someone sleep, he always felt that way, but this was a side of you he didn’t see often. you were calm, beautiful underneath the light of the moon and all the stars — you looked like heaven sent you as an answer to his prayers. 

though he could easily argue that you were the spawn of a demon since if you were awake, you’d be annoying the hell out of him. 

he sighed and pushed away the bubbles of mixed feelings in his mind. it was too late in the night for him to let his mind wander too far. he was bound to have a sleepless night if he let himself get too lost in thought. so he got to his knees and scooped you up in his arms like a bride, making his way straight home so that you could instead sleep on a bed.