your hands are cold . kageyama tobio

WORD COUNT/ 874
NOTES/ inspired by

"misstobio kageyama x fem reader walk home together on a snowy day, and the readers hands are cold so kageyama warms reader up"

kageyama wasn't sure what to do with your cold hands. he offered to carry the extra bag you were carrying so that you could place your hands in your pockets for warmth but it didn't seem to be all that effective as you had to constantly readjust your school backpack that didn't want to cooperate with your winter jacket. he was conflicted with the situation, not sure how he could help you beyond just carrying a bag for you.

well that was a bit of lie.

he had an idea of how he could help you but he didn't exactly know how to execute the plan without you being weirded out by him.

his mother made it a priority to always provide him with small heatpacks for his walks to and from school. he was using one now for both of his hands to keep them warm and wanted to give them to you but that would mean both his hands would be cold. his idea was to give you both but share one together, the heatpack between the both of your hands so he could have at least one hand warm.

though, it did dawn on him that his hands were already warm so he could give you a heatpack for one hand, another for his own, and then just hold your hand. it was like 3 heatpacks and quite a convenient idea.

but he felt too shy.

"are you alright, kageyama?" he heard you ask with a giggle, bringing him out of his head. he felt his face relax at your call to him and he turned to face you, taking in the redness of your cheeks from the cold. once again, he found himself thinking you were so cute.

"yes?" he responded.

"you were glaring," you told him, another giggle leaving past your lips, "is something bothering you?"

he felt his cheeks flush a little, though they were already a bit flushed due to the cold. he couldn't help his thoughts and how his face tended to react to them so it was obvious to you something was on his mind. it wasn't like he could brush it off now since you saw.

well he knew he could but he wanted an excuse to voice his idea to you.

"your hands are cold," he pointed out bluntly, the red on his cheeks spreading to his ears, "uhm..."

"oh! yeah." you gave him a warm smile and waved off his comment. "it's not big deal though. i'm used t--"

"let's hold hands."

your sudden halt almost made him trip but he managed to catch himself and turn to you, his shocked expression matching yours. he was surprised, much like you were, that he managed to even say it so bluntly. nonetheless, he was proud of himself and wanted to know if this was okay with you. if not, he might as well never talk to you again.

"you... want to hold hands?" you repeated slowly, swallowing thickly as you tried to calm the rapid beating of your heart, "with me?"

kageyama nodded and brought his own hands out of his jacket pockets to show you the small handwarmers in his palm. "my mom always gives me some for the walk to and from school... i was thinking i'll give you one to hold and then i'll keep one to hold and then... we can hold hands with our hands that don't have a warmer." his nose scrunched cutely as he cringed at himself. it sounded way cooler in his head and much more romantic but it didn't seem to bother you at all which he was super kinda really thrilled about.

"sure," you beamed, laughing sheepishly and extending your hands to him, "that's really sweet of you."

he only hummed, handing you one of his hand warmers and then gingerly taking a hold of your hand in his. it was extremely cold against his rather warm hand, the cold spreading against his skin as he interlocked his fingers with hours. but it came with a pleasant feeling that he found himself liking a lot. a shiver went down his spine and his body seemed to shudder at the small but quite intimate connection. he liked this and it made him feel good.

"your hands are warm," you mused, eyes studying the way his hands held yours delicately yet securely.

he hummed once more and turned away to tug you to keep walking with him. he even went out of his way to put your hands into the pocket of his jacket to make sure you were super warm. he felt too shy to say anything but he was really glad everything worked out. he found himself thinking a bit too deeply about how your hand felt against his, coming to some sort of a conclusion that this was what it meant for people to connect like puzzle pieces. he smiled to himself and let out a small laugh before turning to face you with a pleased expression.

you returned it just as quick as he grabbed your attention and gave his hand a squeeze. "thank you," you whispered softly.

"you're welcome," he responded, "i'll hold your hands for you whenever they're cold."