here . kageyama tobio

WORD COUNT/ 494
NOTES/

he told nobody then, not wanting to burden them or even let them see such a vulnerable side of himself. he wanted to look strong in front of his peers, stand as if there wasn't anything that made him weak, emit a confidence that was unshakable. he didn't want to be sad.

but, of course, there were people in the world that that never worked on. they were special, he supposed, and kageyama couldn't help but find comfort through somebody who saw right passed his facade and walked right through his walls.

you were his little light that helped him find a way back to continue on with his life and grow as opposed to remaining still. he wanted to dwell in the heavy darkness but your soft calls for his attention and your brightness brought him to follow you to a place where he could thrive. on the way, he met more people that made his heart calm, reassuring him in a way that let him know he was surrounded by love, but nobody was like you.

"f/n?"

you looked up from your phone and raised your brows kageyama who had called your name. a smile was present on your lips and a small blush was beginning to take form on your cheeks. "yes tobio?"

he smiled, the same warm fuzzy feeling he's always felt before rushing throughout his body. you made his heart swell, cheeks flush and head buzz pleasantly; a feeling he cherished and adored as it gave him a sense of secuity and comfort. it was like a hug, engulfing him in a gentle warmth that pushed all his worries away.

"thank you," he said simply, eyes closing as he relished in the feeling you gave him which soon became more than a mental and emotional feeling. he felt you make your way into his embrace, snuggling up close to his body and wrapping your limbs around his torso as you sat in his lap comfortably. his arms instinctively wrapped around you, his chin tucking your head underneath him to keep you closer.

"i haven't done anything," you giggled, giving him a small squeeze which made his heart skip a beat, "what's there to thank me for, tobio?"

"for being here with me all the time no matter what," he answered in a whisper, now resting his cheek against the top of your head, "for holding me close and... and loving me."

you smiled and embraced him tighter, burying your face into his neck as you let the warmth of his affection and aura sink in. it wasn't always that he was so open about his feelings but there were times when he was able to really voice out how he felt. in those moments, he always found himself telling you how much he was thankful for you and how much he appreciated all that you did. in those moments, you couldn't feel happier.

"i love you, too, tobio."