the boy who admires sunflowers . nishinoya yuu

WORD COUNT/ 1.65k
NOTES/ inspired by

FourStarCarrot nishinoya loves sunflowers and so he stops by a florist's shop every weekend to look at them❞

i wanted to end this with abrupt angst but i felt a lot of you guys might be rly disappointed with that so i included a happier ending below the cut !!

you were certain that all boys spent their summer break roughhousing outside with their buddies outside but you were proven wrong as soon as the first weekend of your summer vacation arrived. every weekend, on saturday and sunday, a boy would come around just to look at the sunflowers displayed right outside the flower shop you worked at. on his face would always be a warm smile accompanied with flushed cheeks that very well may be from the heat and loving eyes. he was like a breath of fresh air, bright as he walked by to stop for a moment and admire the beauty that were the sunflowers. a part of you wondered if they called for him. 

every weekend you wanted to talk to him — ask him what he was doing, how he was doing, why he came around, did he like flowers, if sunflowers were his favourite. but you couldn’t bring yourself to bother him when he came around as his visits were rather short and it did seem like he was only there to take in the beauty of the yellow flower. and you supposed you were okay with that. maybe that was how he wanted to spend his summer instead of roughhousing with his buddies outside. 

a handful of weekends had passed by and he kept coming around, just standing outside to admire the sunflowers. you came to predict that he’d come usually before lunch and probably after a jog as his cheeks would always be dusted with pink and occasionally a water bottle would be in his grasp. sometimes he came with his hair up, sometimes he came with his hair down. sometimes he came wearing only shorts and a t-shirt, sometimes he came wearing shorts and a long sleeve. it was always a different surprise but one thing remained constant. he came with a smile. 

maybe you were being dramatic and overly emotional but you felt yourself slowly falling for the boy who admired sunflowers. the boy who you've never even spoke a word to. you pondered over the possibility that it was because he never talked to you that you liked him. he was a complete mystery to you and that left you with endless possibilities to think about.

what year in high school was he? 2nd? 3rd?

what did he do after school? attend a club meeting? go to the arcade?

what did his voice sound like? smooth? squeaky?

was he an athlete or did he just like to jog for fun?

what goes on in his mind when he comes by to gaze at the flowers? 

you knew nothing and maybe it was better that way. you couldn’t let your heart shatter during summer break over a boy you’ve never met or even had the courage to talk to. you weren’t too bothered though, quite alright with the thought of a careless summer love. it made for an interesting story and you found the concept kinda cute. 

but soon enough, summer was coming to an end. tomorrow classes were to begin once again and you probably won’t be seeing sunflower boy anymore. plus, once summer turns into fall, sunflowers won’t be available anymore like they are now. he won’t have a reason to come around and spend a couple minutes of his day admiring a beauty that was much like himself. 

what were you going to do then? you wondered if you could suddenly find enough courage to talk to him today. would it be alright to say hello? ask him what his name was? tell him you’ve noticed him coming around? you weren’t so sure if you even had the right to approach him like that. what if he didn’t want to talk to you? what if he really did just come to admire the flowers and only the flowers? would he think you’re weird for saying something out of the blue after letting almost all of summer pass by?