gamer mouse . kozume kenma

WORD COUNT/ 638 before cut, 637 after cut, 1275 together
NOTES/ fem!reader

kenma did a lot of pc gaming; it was what he often streamed. this meant he needed his gaming mouse which was a staple to pc gaming. however, he couldn't help but lend it to you as soon as you walked into his gaming room with a cute pout on your face, claiming you lost your mouse for school.

you explained to him your story and made known to him just how stressed the whole situation was for you. you spent hours trying to look for your mouse on campus but couldn't find it at all. you emptied your bag multiple times, looked through your friend's locker, visited your friend's dorm and even retraced all your steps only to find absolutely nothing. you didn't have time to order the same mouse you had, not wanting to waste money on buying a random one just to end up buying your original one, so you thought about asking to borrow kenma's.

it was clear to you however that he spent a lot of time with it since he actually needed it for gaming. it wasn't like he had a mousepad for pc like you did your laptop. but it wasn't like you could conveniently finish your project within the time frame given to you by using the mousepad.

you were hopeful that he would say yes but you were prepared for the worst.

however, kenma understood and sympathized with you quicker than you thought. in fact, he was ready to give everything to you the moment you came in with a pout on your face. suddenly he didn't know what pc gaming was and had unplugged his mouse from his pc in an instant.

"don't get so worked up," kenma reassured, sliding the mouse to you as you stood by his chair, "it's all good baby."

"are you sure kenma?" you asked, eyes teary and cheeks flushed as you held his gaming accessory in your shaky hands, "i didn't want to bother you at allㅡ i'll try to finish up as quick as i can!"

he hummed and nodded along to your words, getting up from his chair to stand in front of you. he could tell you were nervous about asking him and it only hurt him a little that you thought gaming was more important to him than you were but he guess he saw where you were coming from. he streamed basically every night so it probably would be weird for his viewers to just suddenly not see him online. but stuff happens and he could keep himself busy in other ways or even just keep you company as a way to support you.

"you can take your time," he continued to reassure you softly, gently placing a hand on your head, "your schooling is important to me too, you know. i don't want you stressing out so lighten up, baby."

his words did relax you and got you to breathe a bit more relaxed. he noticed your shoulders drop and your hands lessen their shaking and this made him feel good. he wanted you to always feel safe around him and he was glad he was able to help you out in a situation that clearly frustrated you. even if it meant not touching his pc for as long as you needed.

"go work on your project, i'll come follow you with some snacks okay?" kenma urged, smiling at you as he brushed some of your hair back with his hand, "i'll keep you company for a while, okay?"

you nodded and gave him a warm smile, engulfing him in a tight hug as a thanks. his arms didn't hesitate to wrap around you and gently rub your back soothingly. "thank you kenma, this means a lot to me."

he hummed. "pleasure is all mine."

(friend 1)
r u not joining us???