Chapter 13

Janet's pov
I sat in the waiting room shaking. I called Denzel according to my phone 101 times but it felt like a million to me.

"Family of Lyric Chisolm." The doctor said. I looked up and my mother walked over to him with me. "Hello Ms.jackson My name is Dt.Christian Keys, I'm checking out your daughter today and I've come up with the conclusion that she is what we call  Jaundice." He said.

"Now don't worry to bad because we caught it at an early state first we will treat her by putting her under a light that will hopefully cure her problem. Although you can not or anybody else can not sit in a room with her because your healthy and it'll damage your blood cells. Your welcome to stay overnight in the waiting room." He said.

"Can I see her before everything, I just wanna kiss her." I asked. He nodded his head leading me to her room. I kissed my baby and whispered I loved her. "If you don't mind me asking where's her father?" He asked.

"He had a performance I've called several times but apparently his job is more important than us." I said looking at my baby.

"Tuh with a woman like you and this beautiful babygirl shouldn't nothing be more important. I hear she's got a twin even more cute." He said looking at the charts. I turned to look at him finally looking at him.

 Well damn

Well damn. I thought . "Yea apparently all mean don't think like you." I said shrugging. As we began walking out he stopped me handing me his card. "Your daughter is gonna be fine but if you need anything if it's medical questions or a drink, call me." He said walking away.

I smiled and turned to see my mother standing behind me. "And what was that Damita." She questioned. "Nothing ma just him talking about lyric." I said walking off. "Mmmmh" I heard.

I sat in my house. Randy said he'll stay and let me figure out where was Denzel and mom took Eissa . I had been home for two hours it was close to 2:30 in the morning. Finally I heard the door opening.

He rushed in. "Where's lyric?" He said. "Oh so now you care about my child." I laughed. "Janet don't play with me where's our daughter." He asked. "MY daughter is in the hospital being treated." I said sipping my second bottle of wine.

he went upstairs and got some clothes. "Where you going?" I asked. "To go be with our daughter what do you mean?!" He raised his voice. "She can't have any visitors." I said. "Why" he said getting irritated. "Maybe if you were there you'd know." I shrugged sitting on my bed.

He hit the wall. "Janet your pissing me off what the fuck do you expect me to fucking  do  put my career on hold?" He yelled. "Yes yes the fuck I do and be a damn father like you need to be." I yelled back. "You acting like I asked for this shit ghe ." He yelled. I just looked at him.

"My career finally takes off and now I have to put it on hold to take care of you and the kids I never asked for?" He said yelling. "Nigga I don't need you take care of shit. If that's how u felt why did u ask me to marry you?" I said calmly trying to hold back my tears.

"I don't know." He said. I shook my head and took my coat putting it on. He phone began to ring and I took it and threw it against the wall. I walked out sitting in my car. It began to pour down raining. I sat for a good hour starring at Christians card. And decided to call.

C: hello dr.keys
J: aw that was cute
C: um hey ? Janet I just checked on lyric she's fine.
J: I know my brother is there, hey are you free?
C: yea I just clocked out about to go to valet and pick up my car now.
J: don't pick up your car I'm outside come ride with me.

I said and hung up the phone as I pulled up to the hospital. Just as I pulled up he was walking out and got in. "Don't know how I feel about getting in a car with a stranger." He said and I laughed and began to drive.

"Well you did give this stranger your number." I shot back. "True but I was thinking you wouldn't use it for at least a year. So where we drinking at?" He said. " oh I'm fine on the drinks I've had two whole bottles of wine and a shot of Hennessy." I said causally.

I felt him look at me. "You shouldn't be driving." He stated. "Oh trust me my liquor hit in different ways than you think." I said pulling to my favorite hiding spot.

"Have you been crying?" He said grabbing my face and wiping my dry tears. " I'm fine."  He turned my head and kissed me. "I know your fine." His hands traveled up and down my thigh. I quickly turned my head. He began to kiss my neck. I let out a low moan.

"And I also know you need someone to make you feel good , someone to hold you." He said unbuckling my belt.  "Are y'all married?" He asked. "W-who" I stuttered. "Who ever gave you that ring on your finger." He said as he climbed on top of me and stopped and looked at me as he pushed his member against me. taking it off and throwing it in the back of the car i said ,  "It's just for decoration."