Chapter Ten

"He hit you for trying to drop a truth bomb on him?!"

    Ren was afraid of Futaba blowing up. He laid on the couch, powerless, as she started ranting about how she'd "go kamikaze" on Ryuji. Takuto set his clipboard aside to sit Futaba back down.

    "Ok, ok, Miss Sakura, stop screaming and drink your juice."

    Futaba grumbled something to herself before angrily sipping from her juice box.

    "Anyway..." Takuto sat down and faced Ren, "if that's how Sakamoto is going to behave you might be better off without him. I'm already hearing about a couple students that are acting aggressive and hurting people, the last thing I want is for you to get mixed up in all of that."

    "I don't think Ryuji meant to do it... I upset him after all..." Ren sighed.

    "That's no excuse to use physical violence. I'm telling you now Ren, if you two go any further it's a guarantee your relationship will be very unhealthy." Takuto softened his tone. "You need to move on, Ren. You shouldn't overlook Sakamoto's red flags purely because of the little things about him that you love. Sure, you think it's cute that he's a little clueless, but that cluelessness can very easily hurt you in the future."

    "Yeah! He's never gonna remember yearly anniversaries or your birthday! That skull of his is too thick!" Futaba piped up.

    "That's... not what I meant."

    Ren put his hands over his face. He knew they were right. He really had to face the fact that him and Ryuji couldn't possibly have a healthy relationship. But his stubbornness just wouldn't let go of him.

    "I'll think about it, ok? Can I go now?"

    "Sure. But please don't forget what I told you, alright?"

    "Of course, sir."

    "And if Ryuji lays a hand on you again," Futaba rolled up her sleeves, "he's a dead man."

    Ren rolled his eyes and smirked. Futaba had the strength of a chihuahua and she knew it.

————

    Tae Takemi already had her hands full with all the students acting out. When Yusuke came dragging Hifumi in, she was just about ready to quit.

    "Nurse Takemi, something's wrong with—"

    "Let me guess," Tae didn't let him finish, "aggression? Hot flashes? Itching?"

    "Yes, I suppose it—STOP DAMN IT!—I suppose it's going around."

    Yusuke forced Hifumi to sit in a chair and stepped back in time to avoid getting clawed across the face.

    "I hate you! I'll fucking kill you, you hear me?! I'll kill you!!" Hifumi shrieked.

    Tae got her clipboard and stood up, sighing to herself. She was getting very tired of these crazed students being sent to her.

    "Get going, I'll take it from here."

    Yusuke nodded and left the infirmary. He noticed two other students head in as he walked away, one of which had scratches all over his arms. Yusuke frowned at the thought of an epidemic. He hoped whatever was driving these people insane wasn't contagious.

    "Yusuke? Hey, Yusuke!"

    Ren came running up to him, gasping when he saw all the bruises and cuts covering Yusuke's arms and a little on his face.