Chapter Fifteen

Somewhere across the schoolyard, another student was being dragged kicking and screaming to the nurse's office. He looked like he was in his twenties and he was a complete mess of ripped clothes and blood stains.

    "Alright, alright, everyone get back to your work," Ichiryusai Madarame said from his desk. "I'm gone for a few days and suddenly everything is in chaos..."

    Everyone that had been watching the incident go down from the window all groaned as they returned to their seats, some starting to talk about how scared they were of the infected. Ryuji sucked in a breath and rubbed some sweat from his head. Seeing those people—his classmates—being treated like asylum patients was terrifying.

    'I didn't get hit by the chemical, I can't get sick like the rest of them... I'm sure I won't...'

    "Mmm..." Ryuji felt a pain in his head and leaned against the desk.

    'This fucking hurts! Why do I feel like shit?! I hate this...!'

    Ryuji slowly got up from his seat and went over to Ichiryusai's desk. Yusuke took notice, glancing at the boy as he assisted another student. Ryuji asked Ichiryusai if he could go to the bathroom and hurried out the very second he was given the ok. He stood a few steps away from the door, starting to pace around while his breath picked up.

    "Calm down, calm down, calm down... fuck...!"

    Ryuji hugged himself and leaned his back against a wall. He felt like his whole body was on fire and being chipped away.

    "Something wrong, Sakamoto?"

    Yusuke approached him with his arms folded and a frown on his face. Ryuji shook his head, trying to keep his cool. He didn't want anyone to notice he wasn't feeling well.

    "N-Nothing, I'm fine. I just needed some air, but I'm fine now!"

    He tried to walk past Yusuke and get back in the class, but the older male snatched something away from him.

   "Well now, what's this?"

   Ryuji looked back, almost in disbelief, at Yusuke as he held up Ren's sash.

   "This is one of Ren's, isn't it? He's always wearing them on his pants, they look so cute on him." Yusuke was saying.

   "Give it back." Ryuji growled.

   "What are you doing with this?"

   "Ren gave it to me, give it back,"

   Yusuke held it away when Ryuji got closer, almost amused by how mad the younger male was getting.

   "Listen, Sakamoto. I'm aware of how things have been between you and Ren. It'd be better if I returned this to him myself and you kept your distance." Yusuke said.

   Ryuji's breath was picking up again. He was indescribably pissed—like he could just rip Yusuke's head off right then and there. Without thinking twice, he tried to throw a punch. Yusuke caught his fist and pinned him to the wall.

   "You asshole!" Ryuji yelled. "Let go of me! Ren and I are fine! What makes you think he likes you any better?!"

   Yusuke thought of what he and Ren did the night before. A grin grew on his blushing face.

   "Oh, I have a few ideas."

   Ryuji grit his teeth and struggled to get free.

   "Fuck you! Stay away from Ren! I... I care about him more than you!"