Chapter Twelve

Ryuji spent the night alone, with Morgana occasionally trying to smother him in his sleep. He woke up at 5 in the morning to the cat yowling at him for food. He rolled on his stomach and whined out loud.

    "Reeeenn! Feed the stupid cat!"

    There was no response. Ryuji put his hands over his face.

    He had hoped Ren would be here when he woke up; hoped he'd wake up to see that cute pouty face above him and the smell of breakfast cooking.

    But there was nothing.

    "What if something happened to him...?" Ryuji spoke to himself. "What if he's hurt? What if he's gone? And it's all my fault...!"

    He held his hands up and frowned at all the scratch marks on his skin.

    "Look at me... I'm a mess—aaAAAHH!!"

    Ryuji shot up from the mattress when he felt something wet under his neck. Morgana remained there, unfazed.

    "What the actual hell! Did you just piss on my pillow?! Gross!"

    "Mrroooww!"

    "You little son of a bitch!"

    Ryuji grabbed a towel to dry his neck off, groaning at the stain now on his pillow. Morgana jumped down from the bed and went to curl up on one of the chairs. Ryuji glowered at the cat, tempted to just throw him out. But that would probably upset Ren. His heart sank in his chest.

    'Ren...'

————

    Ren was staring ahead with a blank look once he awoke.

    He's never slept in the same bed as someone—well, there were those times when he was four and he'd jump in his mom or sister's bed after having a nightmare, but those were nothing like this moment. Yusuke was still asleep, one arm around Ren and the other laying on his own stomach. Ren kept his head against the older male's chest, listening to the gentle beat of his heart and rubbing his fingers against his soft skin.

    Yusuke definitely seemed skilled at the act they shared. Ren didn't think the artist was with any other men or women before him. Yusuke was just so... Yusuke. But no matter how perfect and tender and loving their night together was... it felt wrong.

    'I moved on like Maruki said I should... why am I still so unhappy?'

    "Mmm..."

    Yusuke used his free hand to rub his eyes before wrapping it around Ren to hug him and kiss his forehead.

    "Morning, darling,"

    Ren blushed. Yusuke's morning voice sounded so sexy.

    "Good morning,"

    "Did you sleep alright? I'm sorry, my room's a little cold at night,"

    "It's fine. I felt warm with you..."

    Yusuke grinned and moved to kiss him. They kept kissing for a few seconds until Ren made a small noise and pulled back.

    "What's wrong?"

    Yusuke saw Ren put a hand behind his back, quietly whining.

    "Oh, still sore are we?"

    "You're fucking big, what'd you expect?" Ren poked his lip out. Yusuke laughed at that, rubbing his hands over Ren's lower back and kissing his neck.