Chapter 3

The ride there was smooth, I was singing and humming to my favorite songs, and it felt awesome. I didn't gave a flying fuck about who could hear me, I felt free.

Damon's car disappeared somewhere, I guess he knows a shortcut I didn't, after all, it is my first time going here. A notification popped up on my phone, it was from Damon's, he sent me the coordinates to the site.

That got a smile from me, so the little devil does care about whether or not this car will survive the road.

"Fuck." I mumbled to myself, gas tank empty.

I was in the middle of the road with no other cars whatsoever. Now I'm starting to regret why I didn't hitch a ride with the devil. I waited for almost an hour, I'm dying here, literally.

Okay maybe that was a bit over dramatic, but I needed help. I tried looking for a signal but I couldn't get any unless I stay on the road. I almost got hit by a passing car, but fortunately my car was there to catch the hit. "You're kidding me right?" I raised a brow, my car almost got totaled in front me! I almost got hit!

The owner of the other car got out, he was scratching the back of his neck, while looking at what he did to my car. "Oops."

He turned his look to me and dear was I immediately captivated by his deep brown eyes. "I'm calling the police." I shrugged to myself and started dialing on my phone. "No, no, no. You won't call anyone." He snatches my phone from my hand, he was taller than me, and he could easily tackle me without breaking a sweat. "You bumped my car!" I yelled at his face.

"Look miss it was hardly a scratch, I'd pay for the damages, just don't call the cops." I tried so hard to remove his hands from mine but he was stronger, damn it. "Let go of me." I said calmly, "will you run if I do?" He cocked a brow.

The audacity of this guy! "You bumped my car, why would I run?!" He gave me the seriously? Look, I tried to keep my cool. "I'm out of gas." I told him the truth. It's not like there was anything more I could do, I was cornered every way.

He cautiously removed his hands on mine, and when I was out of his reach I quickly stomped on his foot. "Ouch! What was that for?" He yelp, holding his foot so dearly. "That's for bum- scratching or whatever the hell it is you did with my car." I smiled ever so sweetly at him. My smile made him stop and stare at me for quite a while, I suddenly felt butterflies in my stomach.

*

"Why were you there anyway?" He turned left on the intersection, where the site was, I recently learned he was going there and he knew Damon. "Well it started with the son of the devil Damon, he and I were supposed to go there together." I scrunch my face at the sound of his name, it was the first time I've ever said it out loud.

He laughed to himself, amused at what I said. "Something funny?" I asked, looking directly at him, it was only then I had the opportunity to look at his face clearly, he reminds me of someone I've recently saw, I just can't remember who. "Yeah, our father can be the devil sometimes." He bitterly said, before stopping the car. "You need anything?"

Damon's POV

WHERE THE FUCKING HELL IS SHE? it's been almost an hour and she's still not here. I sent her the address and coordinates, how fucking dumb can she be?

"Any news yet?" I turned to look at Quince standing beside me.

"They can't find her." He shook his head, I don't honestly care about the damn girl, but a shitty part of me wants to know where the fucking hell she is. "Well then go look!" I yelled, kicking the hard helmet on the floor. They scattered like rats, trying to look busy so I don't beat the shit out of them.

I shouldn't have let her drive that garbage car, I knew it wouldn't survive, but somehow her pride was more important than her job. "We found her car, there were dents on the rear side of it. The boys said it looks like she got hit."

I turned off the goddamn phone before he could even speak, I threw it somewhere across the room. "I'm going to find her." I whispered to myself, that stupid girl doesn't know how to take care of herself.

The moment I turned around, My chest hit something hard, like a small head, I looked down to see who it was, Missy was there wiping her forehead back and forth. "Where the fuck have you been?" She attempted speaking but was cut short by my stupid brother. "Give her a break brother." He patted my shoulder like we were still kids.

It was fun then, but now it annoys me so much, I guess that's the reason why he always does it. To annoy me, and it's working very much so. "Elijah. Still a disappointment I see." I shot him a look, he shouldn't be embarrassing me in front of my assistant, she should know better than disobey me, and that attitude of her.

Fucking hardheaded.

"I'm sorry boss, it won't happen again." She said, looking at the ground. I wanted to see her pretty face, "Of course it wouldn't." She shot up, and stared into my eyes. That's more like it, I've missed her gray eyes goddammit.

"Don't tell me you're firing Ms. Doll face. It was my fault, I crashed her car." Elijah tried pulling Missy's hand but she slapped it away, do they know each other? "What the fuck are you saying?"

"Yeah, yeah I hit her car." He laughed to himself a bit like it was supposed to be funny. I grabbed a fistful of his collar and brought him close. I was losing it. Before I could even throw a punch, a hand intertwined mine, it was Missy's.