Chapter 7

I woke up in my room, how I got here I don't know. The last thing I remember I was in the car with Damon.

I looked for my phone and found it on my bedside. It was 7 in the morning. I completely forgot dinner. I was so sleepy last night.

I ran downstairs, hoping he wasn't there. I wasn't wearing any jeans, just my underwear and a huge shirt. Whose it was I don't know either, but it was on my bed so whatever. "Morning babe." I jumped out of surprise, Damon was cooking without a shirt on.

"Uh, don't you have work?" I asked, it was the first time I ever saw him cook here in the house, he's always away for work or with an escort in one of his hotels. This was a different Damon. His hair was messy, and he looks like he just got out of the shower. He smells nice.

"I'm the boss, Missy. No one would question me if I'm late." he put down a plateful of pancakes. It was mouth watering, I could eat the whole plate.

"Bacon, and pancakes." Aviary popped out of nowhere, she took a one look and immediately knew what to ask. "Did you two fuck?"

I almost choked on my own saliva, "Aviary!" I spat, Damon was just smiling to himself, "Well you should, get it out of your system, jeez." She moodily stepped out of the kitchen, bloody hell. I facepalmed myself, trying to hide myself from Damon, who by the way was smiling from ear to ear.

"Why in the world would she think we fucked?" I grabbed a spoonful of pancakes and shoved it all in my mouth, this may look unladylike but I needed the sugar. "You're wearing my shirt."

Okay now I was choking, I was choking real hard on the pancakes. "Missy!" Damon stepped out of the counter to my backside, his hands snaked to my waist, and he squeeze the living shit from my stomach. "Goddammit!" He muttered under his breath while I fight for my dear life.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his face full of worries. I gave him a thumbs up and drank the water down like my life depended on it. It did. There wasn't enough water in the cup so I had to drink from the pitcher.

My eyes were bloodshot, and I was having trouble catching my breath, why the hell did I think of wearing this shirt?

"You had me fucking worried." He frowned, I manage to put up a slight smile. "What?" He gave me a 'what is your fucking problem you almost died and you're smiling what the fuck' kind of look. "You were worried." I teased, he rolled his eyes at me and headed to his seat. "You almost died, dimwit." I scrunch my face at him and stuck my tongue out.

"Yeah but I didn't, did I?" I smiled sweetly at him, he just shook his head and ate in peace. I didn't want to say anything more, not that I didn't want to, my throat felt sore. Fucking killing me with pancakes.

*

That afternoon, boss had a meeting with someone very important, according to Aviary. I made sure the conference room was set up to perfection, I didn't want to add more problems, Damon seemed stress enough.

There was water already set up on each seat, and the folders they were going to use. V made me print them out earlier prior to the meeting. Everything was perfect, all this room needs are people talking business.

The door opened, and Aviary was there with a couple of men, all wearing suits. Two of them look old maybe around 50-ish? and two guys around my age. They didn't seem friendly though, serious looks were plastered on their faces. I tried not to look at them, turning my gaze to the laptop in front of me.

They all came in, and hellos were exchanged. I tried not to talk too much, instead I buried my face in my work. I have to write everything that will happen during this meeting like any other meetings Damon had.

After quite a while, Damon finally came in with his bodyguard from Monarchy, his club downtown. Someone named Gustavo or something.

"Good afternoon gentlemen." He nodded so professionally, I couldn't stop myself from staring at him throughout his whole talk. The old peep from the bunch cleared his throat, making me turn my gaze to him. We all did.

That's one way to get everyone's attention. "We have issues, Senior." He shot the younger looking guy beside me a look.

He placed a hand on mine, and I tried shaking him off but he wouldn't budge, he was stronger than me. "Get your hand off her Ethan." Damon seethed.

Ethan smiled at me mischievously and let my hand go. When it was finally out of his grasp, I could feel the blood on my hands finally flowing free again.

I shot him an 'I'll kill you' look. I might've meant it a little.

"We want to go off records, Senior." The older guy said again. Damon thought about it for a little while before speaking again, "Fine." He slouched on his chair. "Start talking Santiago. We don't have all day."

Santiago smiled and stood up. "With your busy schedule, I don't think we do."He walked closer to Damon, I could sense him stiffening up. Like he was putting his guard up when Santiago came near him. "You see, the Seven Royal wants immunity." He started shifting through the papers, he came across the picture of the nightclub inside the folder, and placed it in the middle of the table.

"I already granted your immunity months ago, what more do you need?"

"Power." He replied, "The Seven Royal needs power, Senior."

"Don't play mind games with me Santiago, I have your..."

"My family, senior?" He smiled sympathetically. "I'm afraid you do, but you don't have the guts to kill anymore, do you senior?"

Damon banged the table with his two hands and pulled Santiago by his collar, I was the only one in shock. Everything that's happening right now seems natural for the rest of the people in this room. I shot Aviary a 'what the hell' look. She just closed her eyes and shook her head.

I should shut up, okay.

"I could kill you right now." He said through gritted teeth, Santiago wasn't fazed about Damon's threat, he still have on a very annoying smile. "Then do it, senior." He pulled a gun from his vest, I wanted to run out of here, but my gut was telling me otherwise. I can't leave Damon.

He took the gun from Santiago and pointed it directly to Santiago's head, "There's an uprising, my child." The other old man finally spoke. It cooled both of them down a bit. "What are you saying Warner?" Aviary asked.

"I'm saying people are mad." He gave Aviary a sympathetic look. "You have to control your men, Damon." He turned to Damon who still have a gun in his hand.

Damon threw Santiago across the room without breaking a sweat and returned to his seat. The guy made a loud thud after his ass came in contact with the floor. "I am taking control." He yelled, another jolt from me. This is like a horror show, with a lot of suspense scenes.

"Well rule them with an iron fist, the Underground has doubts." Ethan interfered.

"Then let them doubt." Damon sat down again on his chair, the man reached for his hand but he took it away. "That's just it, you let them doubt you." the mysterious one beside him spoke, I turned to look at him, it was the very first time I heard a voice like his. It could lull me to sleep, his voice was so soft, yet so scary.

He seemed so mysterious looking at the table, and not meeting anyone's gaze. He had his own little bubble there beside Damon, I felt like he was second in command of sort. "Ever since you left, Inferno started meddling with the family business." he turned his head, looking at Damon in a very weird way.

Damon clenched his jaw, damn he looks so hot, he suddenly looked like a leader of something big right now, like there was another side of Damon I've never knew. "They killed Adrik, man." Ethan threw a newspaper that he took from his vest to the table in the middle of us.

"Outlaws had fallen."