Chapter 10

She looked like a doctor from the US. What is the reason why she's here is solely because of Damon.

She gave me take sedatives so I can sleep through the pain, and painkillers. Vicodin.

A girl like me shouldn't be with medicines like these. She has a bubbly personality that makes her likable, though she's like Aviary. "Call me if you need anything, okay?" She smiled at me, I smiled at her in return and shook her hand. After that she left so I could rest.

I couldn't.

All I could think about was Damon, and Santiago, and that very skeptical guy Ethan. What is Damon not telling me?

I was in danger. These people are dangerous. Damon was dangerous, but he's the only one who cared for me when I was nothing. He brought me up to this world, and I have to embrace it if I want to survive.

There was no point trying to sleep, I have to get answers, I can't sleep here while he do very shady things behind my back, if I really am roped in this mess, I have to know what they're doing.

I tried standing up, but my hips really do hurt, Jill made sure he gets revenge the right way. I swallowed down two pills of Vicodin and took a cane of sort as my leverage. Well... a coat hanger.

This would be useful for self defense too, so what the hell.

When I got to Damon's office not too far from here, I saw two guards standing outside, of course he had guards, he was the boss, it's not rocket science. They eyed me cautiously, when I showed them my ID they loosened as if I was authority. "You two are relieved. Come back here in 30 minutes"

They both nodded and left without another word. I am so proud of my superiority level right now.

Before I could even try to hear whatever it is they're talking about inside, there was a loud gunshot coming from the room, I opened the door slightly. I saw Damon holding a gun, and a man lying cold on the floor. Beside him was Elijah with a bloody nose like he was hit in the face, Jack and Jill sitting pretty on the side, smiling to themselves while they watch Damon murder a man, like they enjoy every second of what he's doing.

"People like us don't give a fuck if he has a child, he stole from us. That's what we do to fucking thieves, we show them no mercy." Damon shot the man again in the head, without even flinching. Like he's been killing people since forever.

Elijah on the other hand, couldn't look at the man. He avoided looking at him as much as possible. Shifting his gaze from Jack to Jill. "Do we really have to do this Luka? these people have children."

"Those kids would grow up to be like them eventually. Kill the germ before it cultivates." He handed Elijah the gun, he took it in his hand and held onto it like his life was at stake.

"No more mercy, brother. Tomorrow we fight."

Damon headed towards the door, I had to go and hide.