Chapter 4

Missy's POV

I held his hand like it would change anything, but by the look on his face he could hit me too, he was mad at the two of us. "I'm fine. No harm done." I smiled at him, hopefully it'll calm him down a bit. His face softened when he looked at me, and threw Elijah across the room like he weighs nothing. Damon pulled his hand free from mine and walked away. He didn't say anything more, he just disappeared behind the giant walls.

I got the chance to look around with Elijah, who turned out fine, and was messing with me to get back. "I thought you died." I snorted, laughing. He pushed me playfully and pulled me back again, I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well I better get back to work." I said stopping dead in my tracks when I realized I was at work. I asked one of the foreman here where I could set my laptop, and pointed me to a very big room. I needn't this much, but it was the only room available next to Damon's.

I stretched my back, and they gave very satisfying cracks. I needed it after a long ride, though this chair is very comforting, it felt soft to touch, and I feel like I was sitting on clouds.

I made sure the door was closed before I remove my shirt, I only have my underwear on before crashing in the bed. I feel more free without clothes, I walk around naked in my room before, of course it had curtains not like the room I'm currently renting. It was annoyingly uncomfortable to be naked there.

I played a song on my laptop before dancing like crazy, but when the tempo of the music suddenly changed, I felt my hips swinging to the rhythm. I used the brush as my microphone and started singing.

"God that was strange to see you again

Introduced by a friend of a friend

Smiled and said "Yes I think we've met before"

In that instant it started to pour,

Captured a taxi despite all the rain

We drove in silence across Pont Champlain

And all of the time you thought I was sad

I was trying to remember your name

This scar is a fleck on my porcelain skin

Tried to reach deep but you couldn't get in

Now you're outside me

You see all the beauty

Repent all your sin

It's nothing but time and a face that you lose

I chose to feel it and you couldn't choose

I'll write you a postcard

I'll send you the news

From a house down the road from real love

Live through this, and you won't look back

There's one thing I want to say, so I'll be brave

You were what I wanted

I gave what I gave

I'm not sorry I met you

I'm not sorry it's over

I'm not sorry there's nothing to save

I'm not sorry there's nothing to save"

I was so caught in the moment I didn't realize Damon was behind me looking. He was sitting on the chair and was staring at me intently, his eyes were the dark shade of blue, like the midnight sky, and his lips had on a tight grin.