Chapter 15

When I woke up, I was alone.

I don't know what's happening to me, I'm hallucinating. I thought Damon was here last night, he was in my arms, but when I woke up, there wasn't a single trace of him.

I got dressed and went downstairs, how I managed to get to the kitchen I don't know. People go in and out of here with plates on their hands to serve to Damon's men, of course working with him has some perks, but killing people isn't one of them. (Some would argue otherwise.)

I just wanted water, but these people makes it so damn hard for me to access the fridge without bumping anyone. "Hey you!" A very old man called, he had on an apron and a tong in his hand, must be a chef. "Me?" I asked, pointing a finger to myself. "What are you doing drinking water during work hours? Get back to work you lazy piece of shit, our Luka is generous enough not to kill you." He handed me a tray with coffee and toast.

Damon's breakfast.

I didn't get the chance to say anything more, he started yelling and cursing around, bossing everyone. This crazy old man sure knows how to piss someone off in the early morning. "You must be new here." A girl around my age said, I smiled a little at her. "I'll get that, Luka has a short temper, you wouldn't like to be near him right now." She took the tray away from me.

"What do you mean I wouldn't want to be near Damon right now?"

"Sshh! Are you crazy? When someone hears you call Luka by his first name his men will kill you. It is law." She shushed me, and pulled me away from the kitchen with her other hand on the tray. "Is it always like that around here?" I motioned to the chef, she nodded sympathetically. "You'll get used to it." She smiled.

"Let me get that. You go take a break okay? Eat breakfast or whatever. If anyone asked, tell them Missy De Vega excused you." She shot up, her face lit up. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm friends with her, don't worry." Her smile grew wider, and she squealed. "Well, I am hungry, but I doubt Chef will give me anything other than a mouthful of words." She fumbled through her dress. I gave her Damon's toast, and bacon. She looked like she saw a ghost when she looked at me.

"Eat." I smiled, and started walking away. "What's your name?" She asked, before I could leave, "Bella." I replied, she smiled back at me. "I'm Lucy. Thank you." She waved at me.

When I got to Damon's room, there were guards outside. I showed them my ID, but they wouldn't let me in. "I'm his assistant." I said, rolling my eyes at them. "Boss doesn't want to be disturb. You can go." They covered the door with their big muscular chests, bloody hell.

"Just let me in! I have his coffee." I motioned to the cup sitting on the tray. They gave an 'I'll kill you if you don't go away.' Kind of look. "You're not important miss. He strictly said important people only." They both shared a look and a smile.

Something inside me snapped. "Damon I swear if you don't ask your bozos to open the door I'll see to it they get second degree burns." I yelled, but nothing. "Damon open the fucking door!"

Nothing again, bloody hell is he hiding from me? "Fine! I'll be at Elijah's room if you need me." I turned to my heel, but before I could walk away the door busted open. I smiled, but didn't look back I just kept walking. "Where do you think you're going?" An arm pulled me back, it was Damon wearing pajamas, a shirt, and his hair was pointing to different directions, he looks like he just woke up.

"To Elijah, wouldn't want this coffee to go to waste." He frowned, and kept pulling me all the way to his room. "See boys, this coffee is important to your boss." I snickered to the both of them before Damon closed the door behind him shut.

I got the chance to look at his room, it was bleak. It had black colored walls, a king sized gray bed, a huge flat screen tv, and a single glass wall to his balcony. It had a door for the bathroom and a walk in closet, just like mine, but his was much bigger.

It was cold here, like Antarctic ocean cold. I just wanted to drink water but here I am. He took his phone from his bedside and went to his balcony for a call. I crashed down the bed and snuggled under the sheets. This is a very great idea, I feel like a hibernating bear. After almost half an hour, he went back inside, and sat down on the bed next to me.

"I had this very weird dream last night." He looked at me. "I don't know what to believe, everyone keeps saying I should understand but it's hard, it's really hard. I just... I'm trying." I nodded to myself.

"What do you want to believe?" He asked, I shook my head, and looked down. I honestly don't know.

"That you're not a monster." I whispered.

"What if maybe I am. I'm not the prince charming in your books, nor the noble guy in a white horse, I curse a lot, I do horrible things to people I don't like," he took a deep breath "all I'm saying is I'm not good, Missy." He closed his eyes, and rested his head on the headboard. I shrugged, "Who is?"

He looked at me, I can see the pain in his eyes, they were there, even though how much he tries to hide it. "I don't understand, I'm slow, stupid even, but I want to. You have reasons, I want to hear them. If I'm in, you have to help me understand. I want us to be in this together." I took his hand on mine, they fit together like perfect puzzle pieces.

He smiled, and kissed the back of my hand. "You're asking for trouble, Missy." I smiled back at him, and nodded. "I know."