T w ę n t y

Written by: lashtongiggles
The next day Luke is woken to the delectable scent of bacon and sit up in the bed that isn't his. His eyes moving swiftly around the whole of the room until he decides that it is in fact not his own. He sits up and clutches his head at the sudden throbbing that took place and groans painfully.
How does Calum stand this?
He decides to go down the hall even after his discovery that he wasn't wearing pants. Apparently nobody was ever going to be fully clothed in this house since Ashton is lacking a shirt. The blond couldn't hide the fact that yes he was most definently staring at the older boy's back, his muscles rippling each time he moved and the sun made his skin glisten like diamonds or a vampire's skin. Maybe he was a vampire, it all made sense, good body, good face, good voice, hell the only thing Ashton was missing was pale skin and that's something that Luke excelled at.
Luke was so deep in his own thoughts he didn't realize that he was staring at Ashton quite intently until he turned around.
"Uh, Luke?" he clears his throat and shifts under the icy blue stare.
"Oh-uh- sorry." the blond flushes, his cheeks glowing bright pink as he averts his eyes.
"It's okay." he chuckles and turns off the stove, taking the food out of the pan. Luke takes in the small apartment and sees a pillow and blanket uncomfortably spread out on the couch and immediately feels a twinge of guilt for taking his bed.
"Sorry, about, um, last night." he says sheepishly as the older tosses him a bottle of pain killers. "Even though I don't remember most of it, I'm sure I was a wreck."
"It's fine, Luke. You apologize too much." Ashton giggles and shoves a plate of bacon and pancakes in the blond's hands. Luke merely chuckles and gets himself a glass of water to take the pills to stop the pounding in his skull. Ashton takes a seat on the couch and Luke follows in suite, taking the spot next to him.
"So, what exactly happened last night?" he asks nervously, tapping his foot anxiously.
"Nothing really." Ashton lies with a shrug. "You got really drunk and begged me not to take you to your house for some reason so we took a cab here and you passed out in the cab."
"That's it? Because I thought.."
"Nope that's it. You must have dreamt that." he says quickly, not letting the blond finish his sentence.
"Oh." Luke mumbles half heartedly, "Yeah that must've been it." he sighs and turns back to the tv without another word and let's his thoughts take over. He remembers kissing Ashton, and he remembers being more sober while he did that than he was the whole night. He wants to kiss him again, right now, but he doesn't think he should. He's shaking with nerves. He'd never been alone with Ashton like this before and god he's still not wearing a shirt.
"Ashton?" he says hesitantly, making the older boy turn to face him as he answered.
"Yeah, what's up?" He asks and Luke takes a deep breath, knowing he'll probably regret it later, but he connects their lips in a short chaste kiss. When Ashton doesn't kiss back the blond pulls away and stands up.
"I-I should probably go." he says, his voice cracking a few times. He clears his throat and hurries to get all his things while he pulls his pants up.
"Luke-"
"No it's okay I have to get back." he doesn't know why he's already the one forgiving the elder, but he's hustling out of the door, constantly knocking things over and apologizing. He leaves without saying goodbye and a slam of the door.
There's a sharp pang in Luke's chest as he's walking down the brisk sidewalk. It hurt that he did that, but maybe he deserved it. Luke wipes away a few stray tears and takes a deep breath as he walks up to his apartment complex and plasters a smile on his lips.
"Hey, Cal." He greets as he walks in, seeing the kiwi boy sitting on the couch watching tv.
"Hey, Luke. How was Ashton's?" he asks curiously, turning off the tv and turning to face the worn out boy.
"Good." the blond shrugs. "We didn't do much, so there's not much to talk about." he lays down on the couch with his head in his friend's lap.
"Something happened." Calum says, noticing his friend's sudden quietness.
"I kissed him." Luke mumbles quietly and wipes his hands over his face to keep himself from breaking down. "I kissed him and he didn't kiss me back, I don't know if he like rejected me-hell I don't even know if he's gay. I'm so fucking stupid, Calum." The blond says in a shaky voice as he wipes his face free of the tears that were threatening to fall. He takes a deep breath and holds it all in, not wanting to break down into horrid ugly sobs.
"Hey," the tan boy whispers, his finger lightly stroking the blond strands on his friends head. Luke begins to calm down, the small gesture something his mother would do when he was upset. "You're the most sweet, lovely, and kind person I've ever met. You are literally perfect, Luke, and he's dumb to reject you like that." he reassures softly, his heart twinging with pain at the sight of his best friend hurting so much. "And I would totally go for you if you were my type." he says, making his friend crack half a smile making him feel somewhat accomplished.
"I hate feelings." Luke grunts.
Calum chuckles softly and nods in agreement. "Let's go get some ice cream, yeah?" He asks, receiving a nod in response. So the two boys get their coats and shoes and head out together. Two broken hearted boys walking down the lonely street on a lonely December day.
Sorry this took so long and it kind of awkwardly ended but oh well also I had a cute umpire today behind the plate and I was catching so he would talk to me umph