Chapter 1

A/N: So I know that this has probably done loads of times but Dramione is one of my biggest ships and I've had this in my saved stories on my laptop for a while and i thought why not.

So welcome to my story, i hope you like it. Please tell me what you think.

Disclaimer: Only the plot belongs to me, the rest belongs to J.K Rowling.

.............................................................................................................

2 years after the war.

It had been a stressful day for Hermione who had just finished her first full day of being a Healer at St Mungo's after graduating from trainee to Healer last week. A week after the war Hermione had decided that she wanted to be a Healer, after watching the people she loved and cared about recovering from the affects of the war, she couldn't stop thinking about helping people heal.

So, when McGonagall had asked if she would like to return to Hogwarts she agreed, while Ron and Harry had been asked to be Aurors and they accepted. Hermione and Ginny had returned with the majority of her year, with the exception of certain people.

As Hermione approached the Floo network by the reception she heard her name called softly, turning to where she had heard her name being called she saw her superior, Healer Marie James, walking over to her with a smile, Hermione places a smile on her lips.

"Healer James, is there something you need?" Hermione asked with a soft smile. "Please, call me Marie and I just wondered if you would come to my office, just for a mandatory meeting, it will only take a minute." Healer James said softly, Hermione sighed but nodded.

As Healer James led Hermione to her office all she could think about was Ron, who would be at their small house waiting for her. "Please, take a seat." Healer James said, pulling Hermione out of her thoughts, she sits down hesitantly while Healer James sits at her desk. "So, it is standard procedure to have a meeting after an employees first day." Healer James explained with a smile.

"How would you say your day was?" Healer James asked a couple of seconds later, Hermione clears her throat. "Oh, well I loved every minute of today, I mean yes it was exhausting but helping someone get better really gives me joy." Hermione said quickly with a large smile, Healer James smiles and writes down something on a notepad.

"Well that's good. So, you got to work in the different departments but where would you like to be stationed?" Healer James asked, Hermione bit her lip thinking about it. "Oh, well I'm not sure if you know but I didn't choose a particular area of medical work and decided to do them all because I wanted to be ready for anything, I would love to be given a chance to be called by all departments, you could place me with different ones whenever, I just want to heal people." Hermione said with another large smile, Healer James looks intrigued by the young healer's interest of all things medical, not many people are, the older healer thought to herself.

"Well, that is most unusual but very interesting." Healer James said with a small smile as she noted all of that down. "For now I'm going to place you on the General Ward where you'll be using all your medical knowledge." Healer James said a minute later, Hermione smiled. "Did you have any problems today?" Healer James asked quickly.

"Not really, I had a few patients throw up on me but that's an easy fix." Hermione said with a small laugh, Healer James's mouth twitched with a smile. Before the older Healer could ask her next question, Hermione started to feel extremely dizzy and before she knew it, she had ran to the closest rubbish bin and had thrown up, Healer James had moved over to her quickly and soothed her.

"My Goodness, are you alright Hermione?" Healer James asked with a concerned look on her face, Hermione looked the older woman and smiled. "I'm so sorry, I really don't know what come over me." Hermione said with an embarrassed look at the woman. "There's nothing to be sorry about dear." Healer James said with a small smile as she helped the young woman onto her feet and to her chair.

"Is this the first time this has happened?" Healer James asked with a concerned look at Hermione, who blushed red. "No, I didn't think that much about it, just placing it down to stress over my Healer exams but they finished over a month ago. It did stop after that but then started again." Hermione said with her cheeks flushed, with all her training she knew she couldn't blame it on stress any more.

"Is it possible that you're pregnant?" Healer James said softly, Hermione sighed. "It's a big possibility." Hermione said with a sigh. "You've had a check up then?" Healer James asked, Hermione flushed redder and shook her head. "Well, I'll make an appointment for you to go tomorrow afternoon." Healer James said with a pointed look at the younger woman.

"That's not necessary." Hermione said quickly but the older woman just stared at her. "I always make sure my employees are in top condition." Healer James said with a smile. "Thank you." Hermione said quietly. "You can go now, I'll see you tomorrow." Healer James said with a professional nod at Hermione, who smiled and grabbed her bag.

Thoughts racked her mind as she made her way to the Floo network, only stopping them to mutter "Home" and become entangled in emerald flames.

Hermione walked out of her fireplace and into the sitting room, where she placed her bag on the chair and walked out into the hallway and into her and Ron's bedroom, where she changed into a loose v-neck red top, jeans and her slippers.

"Hermione, I hope that's you coming out of the bedroom." Hermione heard Ron say with a hint of a laugh in his voice, Hermione smiled softly, looked down at her stomach and took in a deep breath. "Of course it's me, Ronald." Hermione said with a grin as she walked out into the hallway again and then into the kitchen, where she noticed the most amazing smell was coming from.

Ron turned around at the sound of Hermione walking into the kitchen, he smiled largely and walked over to Hermione and placed at soft kiss on her lips, Hermione giggled and then took a large sniff. "What are you cooking?" Hermione asked with a pleased look on her face. Ron had always been the cook in their relationship, well the best cook.

After the war when his family was mourning the loss of Fred, Ron decided to take the responsibility of cooking the meals and found he was quite good after watching his Mum do it over the years, once his Mum has gotten a bit better she had taught him how to cook foods of the world and then they started baking, Ron even went as far to make and decorate Harry's cake for his 19th Birthday.

"Oh your favourite, Lasagne." Ron said with a smile, Hermione grinned. "Why my favourite?" Hermione asked with a smile, Ron kissed her cheek and smiled. "Because this Saturday is our 1 year anniversary of being engaged, so this week I'm going to be making your favourites." Ron said with a smile.

"Has it really been a year of being engaged to you?" Hermione asked with a large smile, Ron pulled her close and kissed her forehead. "I know, it's gone so fast." Ron said softly, Hermione chuckled.

An hour later and Ron and Hermione had finished dinner and were now cuddled up on the sofa watching TV with the lights off. "Oh, I forgot to mention but I'm going to be late tomorrow, Harry asked me to go out with him." Ron said with a slap to his forehead, Hermione looked up at Ron and sighed.

"What for?" Hermione asked with her brows furrowed. "Well, he knows I don't want to be bothered at the end of the week and he wanted a boys night out so we are doing it tomorrow so I can spend the rest of the week with you." Ron says with a sigh, Hermione smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I better not find you passed out in the bathtub again." Hermione says with a grin, Ron laughed. "I can't promise anything but I'll try." Ron says with a smile. "I love you." Hermione says as she cuddled up closer to Ron. "I love you, too." Ron says as he looked happily at Hermione lying on his chest.

....................................................................................................................................................................

A/N: So a short first chapter but it's just an introductory for the story.

I hope you like it and i hope you guys tell me if you do.