THREE

[TEXAS, USA]
   “Kade, you’ll have to tell me more than this.” John says with a sigh.

“I have.  I have told you everything that happened. Sam Roberts tried to rape my sister Nadine Johansson in his house. She’d gone there to give him a pamphlet I asked her to give him whiles my car was parked outside with me in it. He thought she’d come alone, so he tried to take advantage of her. I heard the screams; I stormed into the house and kicked his ass. End of story. Why should I get arrested?”

“Firstly, it happened in his house, so he has more advantage. You can’t  assault him in his own house. Plus, you invaded into it without permission and caused damage to property.”

“I know that.” Kade says without remorse.

“Secondly, because Nadine was not yet raped by him there is no evidence of a rape case.”

“Well, he tried to. I saw it.”

“Kade, you are a culprit, so your testimony can’t be trusted. You shouldn’t have hit him. You could have just called the police and then rescued Nadine from him. The violence was a no-no. You made him call the police instead to report vandalism.”

“So was that my mistake? What about his? Why can’t you understand?”

“Are there any other witnesses?”

“No.”

“Okay, here’s the thing. Find solid evidence against Sam and maybe they’ll believe your story. If you find better evidence, you’ll only pay a fine for breaking into his home and hurting him. The price may be huge, but you have to try. Remember, you only have two days more or you are arrested.” John counsels.

“Fine. That’s cool. What kind of evidence?”

“Let me see. The last time I had a client like you, she had bruises on her body and the fingerprints were taken. When the rapist attempted to rape her, he added some violence. His fingerprints were on her body and on her clothes. That was the evidence.”

“Great. I think Nadine still has those clothes in her closet. I’ll talk to her about it. I just pray she did not burn them.”

John smiles. “All the best, Kade. I’ll do anything I can. Who knows? Maybe if I help you win this case, I’d be promoted from a paralegal.”

“Thanks, John” Kade stretches his hand for a handshake. He never knew the law was this complicated. He stands up and leaves with a tinge of hope and vengeance in his body. He begins to pray silently. Maybe, he’ll go to church and pray for help.
He sits in his Jeep with happiness and turns on the stereo. He can’t wait to see Nadine to tell her the idea. He gets a call and picks it.

“Hello. Is this Mr. Kade Johansson?”

“It’s Kade. Yeah it’s me.”

“I’m the school principal of Nadine Johansson.”

“Tell me.”

“Nadine is in the hospital. She was involved in an accident.”

“What? Nadine? Which hospital?”

“TSA Community Hospital.”

    “Nadine! Nadine! Talk to me.” Kade chases after the stretcher that has Nadine on it with an oxygen mask on her face. She was bruised and her eyes were partly opened.

“Sir, please you are not allowed in the operation room.” A nurse stops him.

“But…”

“Please wait out here.” The nurse says. Kade reluctantly sits on a chair outside the operation room. He is in his worst state of mind.

“Mr. Kade…..” the principal’s voices comes.

Kade stands up. “What happened to my sister?”

“Um……”

“Start talking? What happened to my bloody sister?”

“Actually, she got beaten up by a group of teenagers at school in the storage room and before we could get there she was lying there comatose, in a pool of blood.”

“What?”

“I’m sorry. The school would pay for her medication. It’s on us.”

Kade angrily grabs him by his collar.
“If anything happens to her, I swear, I’ll burn your goddamn school down and go to prison for it.”

“Please, Sir. This is a hospital.” The principal says and Kade lets go off him.
He sits down and he is screaming inside him. All he wants to do now is crush something. His heart begins to burn. He will make everyone pay. Everyone.