TWENTY

[PEDIO MACHIS]

[THE BATTLE OF THE ROYALS]

Ciana Pandora stands levitating in an abandoned land called Pedio Machis where the ancestors used to battle and shed blood. However, though it had been abandoned, it still had the spiritual atmosphere and was heavy with powers. There is where Ciana stood meditating; communicating with her ancestors and receiving all the blessings they had to give. She feels herself being filled up with all kinds of powers and the ones she already has are being strengthened. Here, her confidence, tenacity and sadism are activated.

"I knew you would come, dear sister." A voice says. Ciana opens her eyes and stares sharply at him. Her cloak is burning with flames and her hair is swaying to and fro with scalding wind.

"I give you the last chance to surrender so that we may all go in peace." Ciana says to Jedrek. Lady Dionne also arrives ferociously in a daunting appearance.

"We did not come this far to surrender to you, Pandora. We are here to kill you and take your cadaver to Magnar. And your head will be the footstool of Jedrek's throne." Dionne says.

"I did not want my hands to be stained with the blood of my mother. But I have to do this for the love of Ohr's unity."

"You have made the biggest mistake, Ciana." Dionne seethes, gathering flames in her hands. "You chose Ohr, you chose your death." Lady Dionne strikes Ciana with the flames, but the flames do not touch her. Dionne staggers back in awe.

"If I smite you, Mother, you will die." Ciana warns.

"You will die. I could have spared your life if you had promised to remain on Earth and never come back. But you have too much love for the throne that you decided to fight and suffer our wrath." Jedrek says and exerts more blazing moonlights from his rod but once they reach the feet of Pandora, they succumb to her and die out.
Dionne and Jedrek stare at each other with astonishment. They realize that there is no activation of the charms Lamia promised to give them.

"Do you think Lamia is on your side? She wants the throne for herself." Ciana yells. "Listen to me, Mother. Let me help you to unite Ohr."

"I don't want Ohr to be united with those demons called Penumbra." Dionne says sharply.

"If you loathe unity so much, then which of you are the demons; you or The Penumbra? These same Penumbras protect Ohr from harm."

"The Gibbous are fully capable of managing their own affairs. We did not come here to argue with you. We came to fight you." Dionne bawls. She and Jedrek amalgamate their rods, chant together and exert a huge, wild ball of fire onto Ciana Pandora. This time, it hits her successfully and causes her to tremble. She gains back her balance, looks up at them fiercely and scowls.

"You asked for it." Ciana seethes with anger. She then stretches forth her hand towards them, and a strong wind escapes from her body and pushes them to the ground. The ground of Pedio Machis quivers as Dionne and Jedrek fall heavily onto it. Ciana then picks up their rods and squashes them in her hands like pieces of paper. She shoots lasers of blazing fire on them to make them weak, and they both seem to fade. They both become powerless.

"Surrender to me now. Be at my right hand and let us rule Ohr together amicably." Ciana orders with authority.

"Never!!" Dionne utters with the few breaths she has left.

"Then you will be my prisoners." Ciana tells her.

"We'll rather die." Jedrek yells.

"That is too easy for me to grant. I warned you that I could kill you with a touch of my hand but you were too adamant. However, it is my final decision that after I become queen, you will be my prisoners." Pandora declares. Just as she utters those words, a strong force pushes her to the ground with a strong fall. She gathers courage and turns to see her assailant. There stands Lamia, with Nefeli and two dragons by her side. Ciana seems perplexed. She is sure she will suffer fatality under Lamia.