EIGHTEEN

“Nadine, are you bleeding?” Kade asks, as Nadine comes to meet him by his Jeep.

“No, I am not.” Nadine says, stone-faced and angry.

“I am not an idiot. I can see blood in your nostrils. Did you fight with someone again?” Kade fumes.

“No.”

“Really? So what are you insinuating? Your nose is having a period?”

“I’m fine. Let’s go home.”

“No, listen. Who did this to you?”

“I just bumped into something. I hit really hard.” Nadine lies.

“Okay, get in the car.” Kade says and starts the car.

After encountering her long time seen brother, Jedrek Gibbous, Ciana felt it was time to tell the truth to Kade before he found it from someone else. She knew it was obviously a difficult decision to make. Nonetheless, it was for the good of everyone she loves. She loved Kade and he loved her too, but he might not love her anymore after hearing the truth. He would actually hate her a lot, but she’ll still have to tell them everything. So right now, they are having dinner with Caroline who had come around to help Kade make some calls. Nadine puts down her cutlery and inhales deeply.

“I want to explain.” She murmurs frantically.

“Explain what? Why your nose is having a period?” Kade laughs, attempting at humor. Caroline laughs too.

“Yes, exactly.” Nadine says. “But after I am done with my confessions, it might not be funny anymore.” Immediately after she says these words, both Caroline and Kade become silent.

“Why, what’s wrong? Are you okay?” Caroline asks.

“Whatever I am about to say, I need you to believe me. I want you to know that I love you both immensely and that I didn’t mean for any of this to happen. I know you both must be wondering how I got exhumed out of the six feet deep grave all by myself and how come I am not dead.”

“No, Nadine. You don’t have to. You’ll only put pressure on your memory. It’s fine; we believe you.” Caroline coaxes.

“She’s right. It is okay if you can’t remember.” Kade adds.

“Nadine is dead, Kade. She is in heaven with God. Before you here today is Ciana Pandora. I am Ciana Pandora from the kingdom of Ohr and I have possessed Nadine’s body.”
Kade and Caroline exchange horrified looks. “Are you practicing for your school play? If so, you are a really bad actress.” Kade scoffs.

“Believe me, Kade. This is not Nadine. She died a month ago and once her spirit departed she has never returned since.”

“This is really not funny, Nadine. Don’t waste the food. Keep on practicing your acting skills because you suck.” Kade says.

“I am not Nadine, Kade. I am just in her body.”

Kade stands up in fury. “Stop this bullshit now! This is not a joke, okay? Just stop talking nonsense and eat up. I am not in the mood.”

“Nadine,” Caroline says softly. “please stop it. The past is gone. Just relax okay?”

“I am not joking, Caroline. I am of sound mind and I have no memory problems. Please understand. I’ll tell you everything. Kade, please sit down. Just listen to me once.” Nadine insists.

“You….”Kade roars.

“Kade, just sit. Let’s listen to her even if it is nonsense.” Caroline touches his arms.

“Okay. But I am not going to believe a part of it.”

“I don’t mean to bring back the awful past into this peaceful present. Yet I have to tell you everything. I am Ciana Pandora and I am from Ohr. You may not find it, because that kingdom is celestial. If you don’t believe me, I can prove it to you.” Nadine says. She then stretches her hand towards the dining table and telepathically commands flames onto the food. Caroline and Kade stare at it in shock.

“You...you...you got powers?” Kade asks.

“Yes.”

“Who are you?” Caroline asks.

“What are doing in my sister’s body? What did you do to her? Where is she?” Kade asks with anger.