6

"What happened?" Magnus pushed open his doors as Simon and I carried Luke in, Clary right behind us.

Simon immediately spoke, "He was attacked!"

"He needs a warlock- he needs you!" Clary cried out.

My voice was backed by exhaustion, "God, he's heavy-"

"Put him here." Magnus laid a sheet over the couch as we placed Luke on the surface.

"Where are you? I can't find you-" Luke was so out of it, "Where are- where are you? Where are you?"

Suddenly, Luke calls out, "Jocelyn! Jocelyn-"

"No, Luke, it's Clary." She held his hand tightly, "Can you hear me?"

"Clary, listen to me." Luke looks at her with wide eyes, "Listen- you have to listen to me, I have to tell you, just in case-"

Clary shook her head, tearing up, "No, don't even say it, don't."

"No, listen to me." Luke bursted, "No, you need to know! Listen-"

Magnus looks between us, "Was he bitten by an alpha?"

Simon nods, "Yeah, why?"

Magnus got up, as we all backed away, "Three, two, one-"

Luke growled and snarls loudly, his eyes glowing bright green, making Clary gasp, "Oh, my God."

Magnus walks away, as I watched him, "Where are you going?"

"Hold him down- we don't have a lot of time." Magnus grabs a piece of bark and walks back over to us, "It'll take a few moments to take effect."

Clary questions, "What's happening to him?"

"Random werewolf transformation." Magnus places the bark in Luke's mouth as he bit into it, "It's a side effect of the poison in the alpha bite."

-

"The bark will stop the transformation for now, but Luke needs an antidote to stop the poison in his system." Magnus walked in with me, as I helped him carry what felt like a hundredth ingredients to the table, "And I don't have all the ingredients here."

I grunt, setting down the things, "Just tell me what you need and how to get it."

"No, you stay here." Magnus denied, "Luke will need you and Clary if he wakes up."

Clary corrects him, "When he wakes up."

Simon notices the look on his face and offers, "I'll go."

"I'll go." Jace walks in, dried blood from his nose, "Zee can come with me."

"Jace, what happened to you?" I left the things on the table and grabbed a tissue, walking over to him.

"Luke's car may have found its way into a pole while I was stashing it." Jace lightly shrugged, "I don't do mundane driving."

Simon scoffs, "Yeah, apparently."

"Magnus doesn't want me to go, I have to stay here for when Luke wakes up." I wiped the blood from Jace's nose, delicately holding his face as he watched my every move.

When I pulled away, Jace clears his throat, "What do you need for the antidote?"

Simon looks at him, "Hey, I got this."

"Phoenix eyes, moon salt, and Idris fulgurite." Magnus began pouring things into a bowl.

Simon shrugs, "One trip to the pharmacy, it'll take two seconds."