46

"Zee!" Simon shouted loudly through the Institute when he caught sight of me, rushing over to me and engulfing me into a tight hug.

"Simon- hi-" I hugged back tightly, my eyes widening with amusement.

Simon pulled away for a short moment and stared at me, "Am I dreaming?-"

"No." I shook my head.

Simon asked again, "I'm not?-"

"No." I denied again.

"Okay, good-" He hugged me again tightly.

Simon pulled away once Isabelle had walked over and took his place instead, "Tell me where Jonathan is- I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch with my bare hands."

"You can't." Jace cut in, "None of us can."

Simon perked up. "Why?"

"This rune." I pulled on my shirt and revealed it when Isabelle pulled away. "Lilith carved it into me right before she was sent back to Hell."

Alec crossed his arms. "The rune ties Zee's life force to Jonathan's."

"Hurt one of them, you hurt the other in the exact same way." Luke added in.

Alec gestured to the screen, "Which is why I sent an alert out to the other Institutes- Jonathan must be captured, alive."

"When we were in Paris, he was looking for a sword-" I pointed out. "The Morning Star- maybe if we found it first, Jonathan will come to us?"

Clary looks at me. "Another magic sword?"

"I know right?" I inhale sharp. "He said it was some sort of family heirloom- wanted to give it to me as a gift- but, I think he has bigger plans."

Isabelle nods slowly. "I'll reach out to all the weapons masters to get intel."

"I'll draw all the ley line junctions in the city." Magnus suggested. "If Jonathan moved the apartment, we'll find him."

"Thank you." I looked between them, then all of them, "All of you- I honestly don't know where I'd be without you-"

Simon smiled. "That's what family's for, Young."

"All right, let's get to work." Alec instructed, making everyone walk off to their duties except for Jace.

He came over to me instead. "You okay?"

I pressed my lips into a thin line and just stared at him blankly.

There was no point in lying.

He knew me.

"I thought so." Jace inhales sharply and scanned my expression, "May I see it?"

I exhale and placed my hands on my hips, "Knock yourself out."

Jace slowly grabbed my shirt and pulled it aisle, his expression hardening at the rune.

I scanned his expression, "What is it?"

Jace looked at me, "I think I've seen it before."

-

"You look in those-" I set down a book in front of me and opened to the pages, my eyes quickly skimming through the context to see if there was a chapter I got immediately go to. "There has to be a match somewhere-"

"Hey." Jace scanned me. "Listen, this could take a while- why don't you get something to eat?"

"I'm alright." I shook my head, flipping through pages in the book I had. "I'll eat with you later-"