43

"Three second head start and you didn't try to run?" Jace said the moment he came out the portal, "I'm disappointed."

"What's the point?" I look at him, huffing lightly, "You're just gonna catch me again anyway, right?-"

Jace smirks, then pushes me forward, "Let's go."

I stopped, facing him, "Did you hurt my friends?-"

"Did you hurt them?" I asked again when he doesn't answer me, "Answer me!"

Jace stares, "I don't take orders from you."

"But- you do from Lilith?" I scoff at him.

Jace's words made me roll my eyes almost instantly, "She is my Queen."

"Bold thing saying that to your ex girlfriend." I stumbled when he pushed me forward to keep walking, "We can run all you want- it won't be long before the guards from the Clave get to us."

Jace held onto my arm, "That's why I activated your Anti-Tracking rune-"

"Let me talk to him." I stopped again, looking at him, "Please."

"Give him back to me- just for a minute." I was weak for just a moment, "I can't lose him again-"

"There is no version of this where your Jace wakes up and comes home." Jace leaned close to my face, his eyes locked with mine, "You belong to Lilith now."

-

"Come on." Jace pushes me for what felt like the hundredth time, "It's not much farther now."

"You keep saying that-" I greeted my teeth, shoving him back for once, only for him to push me onto the ground, next to a shattered beer bottle and a ton of cardboard boxes.

Good thing he did so.

I secretly grabbed a shard of glass when he stopped, "Get up."

"Give me a minute." I breathed heavily, squeezing the shard in my hand, "I haven't stopped moving since Valentine's interrogation-"

"Well, you're gonna need your stamina-" Jace pulled me onto my feet, activating my stamina rune for me, a rush filling my body, my eyes slightly wide, before he pulled me along, "Let's go."

-

"The prodigal sister has arrived-" A woman said to me, one that I could connect to as Lilith, "The family resemblance is striking."

I scoff lightly when Jace finally let go of me, my eyes falling onto her, "To tell the truth, I just don't see it."

Lilith presses her palms together, "You're a sassy one, aren't you?"

"Sorry for the delay, my Queen." Jace held out the rib in both of his hands, "Valentine's rib."

"All that matters is we have everything necessary to begin." Lilith slowly took it from him, placing it on the glass of the sarcophagus, as the rib slowly melted into it, my eyes taking glance of the body inside it.

Jonathan.

"My Owl is going to need his energy." Lilith slowly turns, before heading over to Jace and smashing her lips into his right in front of me, my heart shattering at the sight, but, my expression remaining hard.

"Thank you, my Queen-" Jace exhaled slow when they pulled away, looking towards me, noticing the expression on my face, "Is that- jealousy?"

My jaw clenched, glaring at him, as Lilith waves her hand, "Leave."

"Anger isn't a good look on you." Lilith looked at me when Jace walks away, "Neither are those clothes-"

"Get her cleaned up and into a change of clothes for her brother's rebirth- perhaps something blue." Lilith tells one of her minions, "That's what your kind wears when the lost return, isn't it?"