In my head

JADES POV: it's been 8 weeks since I broke up with Alex. Since then my mother passed away. Tonight is my first time going out to a party since her death and I'm taking my 16 year old sister Lilac with me. I think Alex will be there since Maddie boyfriend and his footy teammate Matt is throwing the party.

I straighten my long brown hair, put on some black eye makeup , red lipstick , a tight black singlet tucked into a red ,black and white plaid skirt and black stockings with my doc martens.  I drive Lilac and I to Matt's house.

We walk in and Lilac walks over to her friend Kylie. I walk to Maddie who is standing next to Matt. "Hey how are you doing?" She turns to me and hugs me. "I'm okay" I say. I say hi to Matt and then turn to grab a drink. I reach for a cup and feel another hand. It's Alex. I pull my hand back and we awkwardly look at each other. I grab a beer and walk off to the dance floor in silence. Maddie follows after me. We begin dancing to Comfort Crowd by Conan Gray. Then bust a move by young MC comes on and I turn away from Maddie and grab another drink and dance with some random kids from my English class. Maddie walks off and I see her talking to Alex. I watch his eyes move to me and I see the sadness in his eyes. I turn so we aren't making eye contact. I take another sip of my drink when I feel a hand grab my shoulder.

ALEXANDERS POV: I grab Jades shoulder and she turns to me. Her smile fades and she looks me in the eyes with no emotion. "Hey" I say. "Hi" she says back and then she tries to walk away. I grab her hand and pull her back to me. "Why didn't you tell me about your mother?" I ask her in a sad voice. "Because I don't need sympathy" she says in a pissed off tone. "I'm sorry it's just I feel bad for not being there for you" I say. "We are done so what is it to you?" She says pulling her hand back and walking into the kitchen. She is drunk , I think to myself. I follow her into the kitchen where she is pouring herself a shot. "No no no! You don't need anymore" I say pulling her hand back. "Alex fuck off" she says pushing my hand away. "Come on jade listen to me you don't need this" I say out of concern. "Alex leave me alone , we aren't even a thing anymore" she says. I feel my heart drop. I walk away pissed off. I go upstairs and sit in the hallway with a coke in my hand just thinking.

I feel a hand grab me. I look up and it's jades sister lilac. I must have fallen asleep and Lilac woke me up. "Hey lil what's up?" I say. "Come quick , it's jade" she says pulling me up. We run downstairs and onto the dance floor Jade is passed out on the floor. I pick her up and Lilac walks with me to her car. I put jade in the back seat and Lilac sits in the passenger seat next to me. I drive them home. On the way to their house  I ask "is your dad home?". "No he is working" Lilac Says. "Working? I'm sorry but isn't it too soon after you know to be back at work?" I ask. "It's been 2 months Alex and without dad working we wouldn't have any money" Lilac Says. "2 months! I only got told tonight" I say. Lilac shrugs and tips her head back deep in thoughts.

The next morning ....
JADES POV: I wake up in tracksuit pants and my senior jumper with my hair in a bun. I'm tucked in bed. I sit up and my head is pounding. I have 6 missed calls and 10 messages from Alexander. I respond with I'm fine and set my phone down. I hop in the shower and clean all my makeup off. After I get out the shower I put on black leggings , ankle socks and a USA red jumper. I put a black headband around my hair and some clear lip gloss. I go into lilacs room and she is asleep. I cook bacon and eggs and at 11:00am I hear a knock on the door. I open the door and it's alex.  "Hey" he says. "Hey" I stutter. "Can I come in?" he asks. I don't say anything I just pull the door open wider. He steps in and we walk into the living room. We sit on opposite ends of the sofa. "So?" I ask. "Not to be rude but why are you here?" I continue. "I wanted to check up on you. I drove you and your sister home last night because you passed out." He says in a cold voice. "I'm so sorry. I don't remember that" I say. "Of course you don't Jade. You were drunk. You can't deal with your emotions through alcohol. You know you could've come to me 2 months ago when your mum passed. Just because we aren't together doesn't mean we can't talk" he says. I feel a tear fall down my face. He wipes my tear off with his finger and pulls me closer to him and wraps his arms around me. "Alex I'm sorry. For everything I did to you." I say. "It's not your fault Jade. I'm not angry at you. But I can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves" he whispers as he plays with my hair.

Comfort Crowdजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें