Chapter 1 - The Engagement

Working with SHIELD while having a secret family was hard enough, adding the alien invasions and sudden team-building exercises was a whole new level for Annabeth. 

It had taken her a couple months to get used to her new name, but only Percy, Will, Nico, Jason, and Piper called her Annabeth anymore. 

To everyone else in the world, she was Natasha or Black Widow. 

It was getting harder to keep her secret, especially considering how intrusive Thor could be when he wants to be. 

She got worried about having a Norse god on the team but he wasn't able to sniff her out. 
It was very hard pretending to not understand everything Stark and Banner said, though. Annabeth wanted to discuss things with them, give them ideas, point them in the right direction. 

But she couldn't, it would blow her cover and might even put four-year-old Luke in danger, which is something she would avoid at all costs. 

Percy did become one of the world's top marine biologists and she wouldn't be surprised if SHIELD looked to him for help, also one thing she steered them away from. 
By playing the role of Natasha, she was able to keep her private life to herself and off SHIELD's radar. 
As often as she could, she came home to her loving husband who learned to cook while she was pregnant and could now serve dinner when she got home. 
She would also be greeted by her beautiful son, Luke Charles Jackson, an intelligent boy with dark black hair and stormy grey eyes. 

Annabeth was lounging on Percy's lap as he ran his fingers through her blonde hair. 
Her appearance was still the same as ever, only she used cloaking technology to make her look like a stony-faced red-head. 

But how could she use technology? 

Before Leo died in the incident, he found the solution to monsters tracking via technology. 
He gave each demigod an injection that would make them intractable for monsters by technology. 

She no longer had to worry about that problem, which was useful because SHIELD was very tech-heavy. 

Annabeth was feeling her husband run his hands over her head and then she felt a lump crash into her. "Luke!" She laughed as the four-year-old giggled. 

"Up, Mommy, you get up!" He screamed in an adorable way which made both Percy and Annabeth smile. 

There was a knock on the door and Percy went to answer it. "Nico, Will!" He greeted their neighbors and friends. 

"Hey, Perc," Nico rolled his eyes while Will smiled. 

"We actually have a better reason than running out of milk for bothering you," Will said, he looked about to burst from happiness. Percy raised his eyebrow as Nico nodded. 

"Well, something happened last night..." Will said and Percy's eyebrows were disappearing into his hair. 

"Well... um... Nico proposed!" Will exclaimed and Percy's jaw dropped.

"No way! Congrats, guys. You two really deserve a happy ending," Percy said and he gave Nico and older brotherly type hug which Nico shrugged off. 

Annabeth leaped up from the sofa and gave Will a hug. 

Will had become a very close friend in the past five years because they both had intelligent minds which meant that Will could vent about his medical patients to her and she could complain about Percy's seaweed brain-ness. 

Piper, Will, and Annabeth had become a tight group while Nico had been adopted by Percy and Jason. 

"You guys really deserve a happy ending, do you have anything planned?" Annabeth asked and Nico shook his head, smiling. 

"No, not yet, we were going to get the date as soon as possible so you can clear it with your work, I know SHIELD is demanding," Nico sighed and Annabeth smiled guiltily. 

"I will kill everyone I work with to be at your wedding," she said, not very reassuring, but this was Annabeth. 

Luke came scrambling up to them, "What's happening?" He asked as Percy picked him up. 
"Uncle Will and Uncle Nico are getting married!" Percy said playfully which made Luke shriek with joy as he clapped his hands.

Nico ruffled his hair as Will held up his hand for a high-five. 

Annabeth wanted to stay and talk with the boys but she had to get to Avengers tower before the Avengers came looking for her. 

"I'm so sorry, see you later, you will give me all the details," she made Will promise as she walked out of the door. 

She rode in her car to Avengers tower (SHIELD's temporary headquarters) and applied her face-changing technology. 

She made it to the tower in record time and headed straight for Fury's office. 

"What do you need, Romanoff," Fury said nonchalantly. 

Director Fury trusted Natasha Romanoff with his life but was not expecting the following words: 
"I need to take a day off in the future for my friend's wedding," she said very fast. 

Fury almost dropped his coffee. 

"What?" He asked, still not believing his ears. 

"Friends of mine are getting married, I will need to take a day off in the future to attend that wedding," Fury was still staring blankly at her but Natasha was not one to wait so she walked out of the office to find the other Avengers. 

Director Fury was not shocked easily, but finding out that Natasha Romanoff had other things in her life made his head spin. 

He always thought of her as a workaholic, no time for families or friends unless they relate to work. 

He was still in a state of shock when agent Hill walked in to give him some reports. 
When she saw the director staring into space and unmoving, she became uneasy to say the least. 

"... Director Fury?" She asked and Fury jumped in his chair so much that he did drop the coffee this time. 

He tried to act professional, but Hill could see right through him.
Nobody expected this from Natasha Romanoff. 

------

For sneak peeks and updates, follow my social media!

Twitter, Instagram, and Tik Tok: rox_fanfics

Tumblr: rox-fanfics