Chapter 7 - Natasha finds out homophobia is a BITCH

"What are these strangers doing in the building?" fury asked while raising an eyebrow.

Natasha held her head high when she answered him, "These are my friends who are getting married, you didn't believe me when I told you I needed time off of work to help them, now you can see they are real people,"

Fury eyed Nico and Will, suspicion laced in his frown, "Alright," he locked eyes with Natasha, "I would like to ask you all a few questions first, though, why do you need extended time off your job to help with their wedding?"

Will gave Natasha a smirk and looked back at Fury, "Sir, Natasha here is my maid of honor," Natasha gave Will a wide-eyed stare before engulfing him in a bone-crushing hug.

"Will! Are you sure? You don't want to ask Piper? You know I have a busy schedule-" Will laughed at her ramblings.

"There's the Anna- I mean Natasha I know," Will caught himself mid-sentence. Thor didn't miss the slip-up, though he decided not to comment.

"Oh, Will, I'm so happy, are you alright with this Nico?" Natasha asked the Italian who gave her a rare smile.

"Yes, Will and I talked last night, we both agree you'll be perfect, I wanted my sister to be my maid of honor, but that can't happen," Nico's eyes became glassy and Will squeezed his hand.

"I wanted Hazel or Reyna to be the maid of honor, but they're not with us anymore, you're Will's best friend-"

"Other than you, sunshine,"

"Oh shut up you dork," Nico smiled at Natasha, "and you helped me when I needed it, you are such a great friend and we would be honored if you would be the maid of honor,"

"Of course, you idiots, I could never replace Hazel, Reyna, or Bianca, but I just want to be there for you guys, Will has been one of my best friends since the whole accident and-" Natasha choked up and gave both of them a bone-crushing hug.

"Fuck, I never cry, why am I crying," Natasha pulled away and wiped her eyes.

The trio had forgotten the others were there until Tony cleared his throat.

"Shut it, Stark, or you won't live to see morning," she said while glaring at the man.

"We were thinking of Jason as the best man," Nico whispered and Natasha giggled.

Director Fury had never heard his agent giggle before, and it scared the living daylights out of him.

"Romanov, please explain what the fuck is going on," he yelled and Natasha fixed her expression while Nico and Will both smiled lovingly at each other, caught up in the bliss of wedding ideas.

"I see you do have friends outside work, you have never taken a day off work as long as I've known you, other than that break four years ago, I still have no idea what that was," Fury sighed, "I guess you could have some time off to help... what are your names again?" Fury asked, pulling Nico and Will out of their love trance.

"Nico di Angelo and Will Solace, you won't find my name in any government records though, I was born in the 1930s and got trapped in time for 70 years," Nico spoke.

Will grinned, "At least now that we're in this time, we can get married legally,"

"Wait, it's actually legal for us to get married?" Nico asked and Will looked confused.

"Yeah, in 2015 it became legal in all states,"

"I just thought we were going to have a ceremony, It never occurred to me that it might be legal," Nico's face broke out into a grin, "you are going to be my legally wedded husband," Nico sounded like he couldn't believe it.

"Of course, sunshine, and I wouldn't have it any other way," Will leaned in and kissed Nico, who returned it with a grin.

"It must be nice to see the world so accepting after all this time, especially after living in the past for so long," Steve said with a smile, obviously trying to make friends with Nico who wasn't sure what to think of it. 

"While we are allowed to marry, there are still plenty of assholes in the world, just yesterday, Nico and I were walking to the store and holding hands, and an old lady shouted 'fucking queers' and threw her milkshake at us," Will said, sounding tired more than angry.

Steve looked shocked while Natasha looked angry, "Who the hell does she think she is," she growled and Will set a hand on her shoulder.

"Natasha, it's ok, we get these things all the time, it's no big deal, really," instead of calming down, that made her angrier.

"That's not ok! You two deserve happiness and safety!" Natasha looked ready to blow up something and Nico, although he did want her to kick the lady's ass, calmed her down.

"Natasha, it's alright, I take care of most of the people, they always seem to target Will. Nobody targets Will and lives to tell the tale," Natasha smiled a little.

"Aww, Nico you're a softie," Tony said and Nico shot him one of his death glares, the kind that only Will was immune to.

"Say that again, metal boy," Tony backed away, terrified that such a tiny person could have such a powerful glare.

"My apologies, Ghost King, he does not understand your power," Thor knelt before Nico who looked a little uncomfortable.

"No need to bow, Asgardian, there's no harm done," Thor got up and nodded to Nico, all of the other Avengers looked at him weirdly.

"Anyway, do you guys want to go get something to eat?" Clint suggested.

"That actually sounds good," Steve said and the rest of them agreed, heading towards the elevator.

"Homophobia is a bitch," Natasha mumbled under her breath which caused Will and Nico to laugh, ultimately lifting the mood of the group. 

------

For sneak peeks and updates, follow my social media!

Twitter, Instagram (most active), Tik Tok: rox_fanfics

Tumblr: rox-fanfics