Chapter 18 - Frank Remembers Something

"Mommy!" came a little voice from the elevator as soon as it opened.

Luke Charles Jackson ran out of his father's arms and straight to his mother, oblivious to the other people in the room.

"My little clownfish," Annabeth cooed, wrapping her arms around the boy and picking him up to rest on her hip.

"Momma, guess what, guess!" Luke was almost jumping out of her arms with excitement, his face bright and full of joy.

"What happened, Nemo," Annabeth asked,

"Jake kissed me on the cheek and now we're married like you and Daddy," Annabeth made eye contact with Percy who was just laughing to himself.

"That sounds amazing, Luke, did you have a wedding?" Piper asked, also trying not to laugh at the toddler's face.

"Yeah, it was under the slide at recess," Luke was giggling and bouncing in Annabeth's arms before he seemed to realize that there were multiple strangers in the room.

The Avengers found themselves under Luke's curious gaze, almost like he was able to see right through them.

"Captain America," Luke whispered, his face full of shock, eyes dawning in recognition.

"He there, buddy, your mom's told me a lot about you," Steve immediately switched to 'Cap mode' as Annabeth called it.

"Rogers, if you put up your fake persona around my kid and my friends, I won't be able to look at you with a straight face," Annabeth sounded monotone but her eyes danced with amusement.

Steve sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"Ok, Piper's been teaching me things, but I honestly have no idea who you guys really are," Frank said, looking nervous.

"It's ok, Frank, you've been a cat for like three years, it's obvious that you'll miss out on things," Jason said, smiling kindly while adjusting his glasses.

"Yeah, but I was hoping for introductions?" Frank said timidly, causing Percy to laugh.

"No problem, Beast Boy. This is Tony Stark, also known as Iron Man, he flies around in a metal suit and he's also a genius," Percy said,

"Percy Jackson just called me a genius," Tony whispered, grabbing Bruce's shoulder.

"There's Clint Barton, also known as Hawkeye, you guys should tale archery together," Percy gave Clint a pat on the back.

"Here's Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America, they found him in the ice a few months ago, we saw each other at Sea World but I don't think I've formally met you," Percy shook Steve's hand.

"I can see why Annabeth keeps you around, you look like one of the Asgardians" Steve joked, gesturing towards Percy's body.

Percy had obviously just come from a workout, not wearing his usual button-up shirt and jeans but instead an extremely tight undershirt and some gym pants.

Percy laughed, a slight blush spreading over his cheeks and making his freckles stand out.

"Aww, does Stevie have a crush?" Tony jested.

For some reason, Steve's whole demeanor changed, his shoulders tensed and he developed a tick in his jaw.

"Don't call me that," Tony took one look at Steve before backing down, raising his hands in a placating gesture.

"Sorry, Cap, won't happen again,"

Despite how he acted, Tony actually did care about his team and he didn't want to hurt them with his comments.

"Ok, this is Dr. Bruce Banner, amazing scientist and expert in Gama radiation," Percy turned his grin to Banner, "Dr, Banner, I think you'll be a little shocked at what we can do, but Frank especially," Bruce raised his eyebrow, almost in a challenging manner.

"I doubt much can surprise me much anymore, Mr. Jackson, after all, I do turn into a raging green monster when I get angry," Bruce said, Percy just smirked.

"$10 you're wrong, also, don't call me Mr. Jackson, that makes me feel old, I'm only twenty-six for Hades sake-"

"Don't use my father's name like that," Nico interrupted, giving Percy his death glare which Percy had been building up an immunity to for the past few years.

"Your death glares don't work on me, Death Breath, I'm like your big brother!" Nico rolled his eyes and started cleaning under his fingernails with a stigiant iron dagger.

"How did you get that into the tower?" Tony asked,

"I have my ways, Stark," Will rolled his eyes and his fiance's antics and motioned for Percy to continue.

"Thor isn't here right now but-" a sudden noise like a bass drum shook the floor.

"What was that!" Piper yelled, holding the kitchen counter, Annabeth just shook her head.

"That was the last thing your friends ever heard," came a voice that was icy cold, making almost everyone shiver as another noise made the floor shake again.

"I know that voice," Frank whispered, his face paperwhite and beginning to sweat.

"From where?" Jason asked,

"I- I don't know. All I know is that they called themselves-"

"Spit it out, little kitty, say it," jeered the voice, it seemed to come from everywhere at once yet it didn't have a source.

Frank gulped and shook as another blow make the ground quiver.

"HYDRA,"

---

Thank you @ ryy.breadd_ on Instagram for the fanart and for beta reading The Boarding School :)