Chapter 20 - So There's This Guy Called 'The Asset'

Twenty minutes later, the Avengers, as well as their new demigod teammates, sat in the wrecked kitchen of Avengers tower.

"Ok, let's brainstorm, what's so special about Frank?" Bruce asked, sitting on top of the island in the wreckage of the kitchen.

"Um, I can shape-shift?" Frank said, making the eyes of all the Avengers snap towards him.

"I'm sorry, you can what now?" Tony sounded disbelieving as Annabeth rolled her eyes.

"You think you're up for a demonstration? I would understand if you're not," Steve said,

This made Piper laugh, much to the confusion of everyone else in the room,

"I'm sorry," Piper said between laughs, "do you honestly believe that this," Piper gestured to the room, "is something we haven't done countless times before?"

This made all of the other demigods join Piper in her laughter (including Percy who had used the water from the river to carry himself back up after the fight was done).

Steve raised an eyebrow, "I know that you might be in shock, but this isn't something civilians go through a lot-"

"We're not regular civilians, Spangles, and this isn't our first rodeo," Percy said, making Jason give him a fist-bump.

"Ok, I was just checking," Steve mumbled, blushing slightly in embarrassment.

"Hey, Frank, want to give them the Chinese handcuffs demonstration?" Nico asked, making Frak laugh and blush.

The Avengers looked in shock as where Frank once stood, there was now an iguana.

"Holy shit," Clint mumbled, looking at the iguana then to Annabeth then back to the iguana.

"Can he just turn into iguanas, or can he, like, turn into everything?" Bruce asked, sounding fascinated.

The iguana turned back into Frank who was smiling slightly.

"I can turn into basically any animal, including mythical ones, like dragons,"

"Not very mythical," Will muttered, making Nico snort.

"Well, I've got to ask, you are going to help us, right? You're not working with that guy?"

Tony regretted the words as soon as they left his mouth, seeing the pure anger on the faces of all the demigods except Frank, who just looked sad.

"I know that you have no reason to trust me, but that guy-, he knows what happened to Hazel and Reyna, two of the most important people in my life," Frank took a deep breath, "I'd do anything to get them back, or to at least get some closure,"

"Stark, if you don't trust one of us, you don't trust all of us," Nico said. The other demigods in the room nod in agreement.

"Ok, my bad, just checking," Tony raised his hands in a placating gesture.

"Annabeth, what do you know about that guy?" Bruce asked, scribbling unintelligible notes in a notebook.

Annabeth thought for a moment, "That was Perses, Titan of destruction-"

"So that's why we have similar names," Percy muttered, making Nico snort,

Annabeth rolled her eyes and continued, "He's the father of Hecate, as he mentioned, and his name is connected with the word persô, which means to 'to lay waste' or 'sack in war',"

"Seems like a nice guy," Steve said. Tony rolled his eyes,

"Yeah, super nice guy, Capsicle, Titans of destruction tend to make great friends," Tony said.