Chapter 13 - Annabeth has a Secret

"Annabeth, how do you know Tony?" Percy tried his best to keep his cool.

Percy knew that 'Natasha' worked with Tony but 'Annabeth' had never met Tony.

"Percy, Tony knows who I am, it got revealed earlier today, I was going to tell you in the car but Tony ruined that," Annabeth glared at Tony but he was too busy gaping at Percy.

Percy sighed and rubbed his temples, Annabeth could tell that he's had a stressful day, this wasn't helping.

"Percy, what do you want to do, I know you're stressed," Percy smiled lovingly at Annabeth.

What had he ever done to deserve her? Annabeth could read him like a book, so much so that Percy didn't even need to open his mouth to convey emotions.

"I'm going to be working with Tony for other things, we should explain some stuff," Annabeth nodded and wrapped her arms around his waist. Percy pressed his face into the crook of Annabeth's neck.

"Alright, I'll deal with it, you start the car," Percy smiled and pecked her on the lips before getting into the car. Annabeth turned to face Tony who was still on the ground.

"Tony, we don't have the patience to deal with you right now, but I know you're going to follow us or go tell Fury about what you've seen so we're going to tell you what's happening," Tony got up quickly.

"Hold on, what's your real name? Do I just call you backstabbing blondie?" Annabeth smirked and motioned for Tony to get into the car.

Tony managed to get into the back seat with his suit on, Annabeth got in the front because there was a car seat in the back.

Tony eyed the car seat and raised his eyebrow, "Where's your kid?" Annabeth gave him her death glare.

"I told you, you will never know anything about him, stop asking," Tony raised his hands up,

"Alright, blondie, I won't ask, now what's going on?" Annabeth rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Alright, do you know anything about the Greek gods?" Annabeth asked, Tony looked confused,

"What the hell does greek mythology have to do with anything?" Percy gave Annabeth a smirk as though saying, 'you're going to have a hard time with this one'.

"It has a lot to do with it, now answer the question, do you know anything about the Greek gods?" Tony rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Alright, well, they're real and we are their children," Tony stayed silent for a moment before he started laughing.

"Alright, alright, you got me, what is ACTUALLY going on?" Annabeth sighed.

"I'm not joking, my mother is Athena, though I haven't heard from her in about five years, until today that was," Percy almost crashed the car.

"You heard from Athena? What did she say? I'm going to kill the gods if they actually expect us to go on another quest," Annabeth laughed and hung her head.

"I had to fight Steve and couldn't figure out his strategy, Athena said 'he's trying to wear you out' and I got distracted, then Steve was able to punch me in the face," Percy glared at the windshield.

"He did what?"

"Percy, we were fighting, that's what happens when you spar, it's no big deal, Will healed me,"

"But he punched you,"

"Percy, I don't need you to protect me, I can look after myself,"

Percy was still glaring at the windshield, "I know, but it's hard to hear about you getting hurt, I can't lose you, I couldn't handle it," Percy's knuckles were white on the steering wheel, Annabeth rubbed his shoulder.

"I feel like I should be leaving you two alone," Tony said after a moment of silence, Annabeth glared at Tony.

"Anyway, you can't tell Fury about this, he'll figure out who our son is and our son will NEVER be part of this world, I would rather die than put him in danger,".

Tony looked out the window and raised his eyebrow, "Where are we going?" Percy shrugged,

"We're just going back to the Avenger's tower, we're not inviting you to our place," Tony pouted,

"Why not?"

"Where do you think our son lives?" Tony shrugged.

"Fine, I won't follow you back to your house, but can I tell the other guys about this?" Tony asked Annabeth, she just shrugged.

"Will I be able to stop you?" Tony thought for a moment,

"Nope," Annabeth rolled her eyes and gave Percy an exasperated look.

"Tony, am I still invited to work with you with your technology?" Tony's eyes went wide as though he had forgotten that the man sitting in front of him was THE Percy Jackson.

"Yes, of course, is there anything you need from me before we meet again?" Tony asked, Percy just smiled.

"Nah, I'll be alright, see you on a few days," Percy said as they pulled up in front of Avenger's tower.

Annabeth felt herself relaxing as Tony got out of the car, Percy saw this and put his hand on her shoulder.

"It's alright, Wise Girl, we'll get through this," Annabeth sighed and buried her face in Percy's shoulder.

"I just wanted to help people without putting you in danger, now that's gone. People could figure out who I am and threaten you," Annabeth felt a wave of emotion wash over her.

"It's alright, we'll get through this together, just like we always do," Annabeth smiled at Percy and felt her worries melting away.

Of course, she was still thinking about all the things that had happened today, but she felt like she could deal with them later, for now, she just wanted to be with Percy.

"I do have something else to tell you, something Will told me when he healed me today," Percy raised his eyebrow, obviously curious and a little worried.

"Are you ready to have another kid?"