Chapter 2 - The Bathrooms

Annabeth walked into the Avengers common area where the other Avengers were all hanging out.

Tony ignored her as she came in because he was busy tinkering with the coffee machine.

Thor was trying to figure out the toaster to make pop-tarts, he gave her a smile.

Clint was casually throwing crumbs at Tony to see how long it took for him to notice.

Steve was trying to help Thor with the toaster but he was almost as useless (it was unplugged, but Annabeth wouldn't tell them that).

"Hey, guys," Tony called, looking up from his machine, "SHIELD wants us to spend time together as a team so... you are all invited to a trip to SeaWorld, paid for by me," he finished, giving them a mock bow.

Annabeth was immediately on guard, Percy was training employees at Sea World and had taken Luke with him to work today.

"I also managed to get us their best tour guide and world-famous marine biologist: Percy Jackson!" Tony said excitedly.

Tony had in fact been wanting to meet Percy Jackson for a long time as he wanted to run some theories by him for solutions to ocean pollution and conserving marine life (he could be a humanitarian when he wanted to).

Whenever Tony brought up Percy Jackson, though, Natasha got very closed off and refused to have anything to do with him.

There was a loud bang and everyone looked around to Thor who had actually dropped his hammer onto the counter top and had a look of awe on his face.

"Percy Jackson?" He asked faintly and Bruce nodded slightly, he was also a fan of the marine biologist.

"Perseus Jackson is still alive?" Thor asked in such a small voice that only Annabeth heard him, and she was getting frustrated.

"What do you mean, still alive, he's only twenty-six years old," She asked in an ice-cold voice.

"Since when do you know science stuff?" Steve asked and Natasha gave him her cold glare which made him shut up.

"SHIELD isn't my whole life, I have friends other than you and there are many things you don't know about me," she turned back to Thor, "how do you know about Percy Jackson?" She asked.

Thor gulped, Natasha's glare could make the bravest men run for their lives.

"He is the greatest hero of all time, his stories were told to Loki and me as children which made me the warrior I am today," he got a star dazed expression on his face.

"Percy Jackson is a legend in Asgard, as well as his friends, Annabeth Chase, Jason Grace, Piper McLean, Nico di Angelo, Hazel Levesque..." he went on listing most of the demigods that fought in the giant war but Annabeth could feel the emotions boiling inside her.

She tried to control herself, but then he said her name, "...Reyna Ramirez-Arellano..." the name was a punch to the gut for Annabeth.

Reyna was the picture of power and success but she still had fallen to that horrible monster which Annabeth still didn't know anything about after almost five years.

Annabeth turned on her heel and ran out of the room so they wouldn't see her cry.

Everyone stared at Natasha as she power-walked out of the room, Thor stopped talking.

"Did I say something?" Thor asked and the others could only shake their heads. 

----

For sneak peeks and updates, follow my social media!

Twitter, Instagram, and Tik Tok: rox_fanfics

Tumblr: rox-fanfics