Junior

Chapter summary:

"Dude, it'll be great!"

"I don't know, I don't feel good about it."

"It's just you being dramatic, loser."

Or, the field trip story is finally here. And Peter doesn't feel good about it. He probably doesn't like field trips as we do.

<><><><><><>

Peter stood in the large hall with his classmates, looking around. Today they had their last school day before Christmas and the principal decided it was a great idea to organize a field trip. As much as he found himself at Stark Industries with his classmates. Just freaking amazing.

They were waiting for their guide, and Peter couldn't tame his nerves. Nobody believed him with his internship, and that didn't bother him. After all, his internship wasn't even true until his birthday, was it? The problem was that it was now. In general, almost all employees know him here. He was really afraid of what would happen today. Especially after no one called him otherwise than 'Junior'. It wasn't more or less his fault. It's just that Pepper and Tony, after his arrival, started to hang out in the labs very often, and the others began to notice their relationship. At first, they called him that for fun, but strangely, it somehow caught on, so they called him always like that.

Peter had his first week behind him as a true intern and had to say that everything was going great. People were skeptical about his age, but he showed them he was capable of enough things in that one week. Of course, he had much to learn, but that was more fun. If he knew everything, it would be boring.

"Damn it!" shouted James, one of the people Peter had made friends with that week.

"What is it?" Peter asked, walking to his desk. He had done his job for today and was about to leave, a few more minutes it wouldn't kill him.

"I can't figure out that formula. I need advice from the headmaster, but he has time off and I need to have it done before he comes back."

"I can see there's something weird about it, but I can't say what. Sorry, man," Peter said as he went through the formula at speed.

"Never mind. I guess I'll be here tonight."

"Why don't you ask Tony, he's right there," he said, pointing behind the glass door from the lab.

"That was good!" James laughed, patting Peter on the back.

"I'm serious."

"Yeah, but it doesn't work like that. Mr. Stark always talks to the supervisor. We're just interns, Pete, happy enough to be selected here."

"That's ridiculous," Peter said and walked out of the lab directly to Tony.

"Hi, kid, are you done?" Tony asked as he approached him.

"Yes, but James needs some advice over there," he said, pointing to his friend who was trying to hide behind the computer when he noticed they were both watching him.

"Well, it must be fast, Pepper is waiting for us with dinner," Tony said, and Peter and he went to the lab.

"Mr. Stark, I'm so sorry that Peter bothered you. I can solve it, you didn't have to bother," James murmured as they both reached him.