When Your Husband And Son Are Superheroes... 1/3

Chapter summary:

"Mom, please!"

"Come on, honey, let him have some fun."

"Okay, fine, you can go to Europe."

Or, Peter goes to Europe and Pepper doesn't like it.

<><><><><><>

"So, I'd like to start with an apology that it took me so long to come. I was gone for a while. But don't worry, I'm fine now. I am alive. But I wasn't for a while. A year and two months ago a terrible thing happened. A guy named Thanos came to our planet and wiped out half of all people. I was among them. I died. I died in my mum's arms, and even though I told them I didn't remember much, the truth is I remember everything. It was terrible. Dad fulfilled his promise to return from that spaceship. But it took him a little longer to return, so mom was alone for less than two months. She's a really strong woman. I admire her. Just like you. But back to the topic. Dad returned and it took him eight months to solve the whole situation. He solved time travel, would you believe it? They returned to the past for the infinity stones so they could snap and wish that all that Thanos erased to live again. For once, everything went quite smoothly. So almost. We lost the Captain, who sacrificed himself for a stone of soul. I'd like to talk longer, but I'll have to go! Dad managed to convince Mom to let me go on a school trip to Europe, and we're leaving tonight. It was good to see you again. Love You May. I promise no more dying. When I get back from Europe, I'll stop by you again."

Peter gave the tombstone a last glance and walked away from the cemetery. The last two months have been quite hard. He spent a lot of time with his parents and that was great, but his mom had become quite protective of him. In the two months, he was back among the living, he had never worn a Spider-Man suit. He didn't want to stress her unnecessarily, but he knew it was coming. He still had no idea what will happen in Europe.

"Did you get your passport?" his mom asked him as soon as he walked to the penthouse.

"Yeah," he said simply.

"Mini toothpaste?"

"Yeah."

"I made cinnamon rolls for you, but you'll have to eat them with Ned before you board the plane," she said, handing him the bag that Peter accepted with a smile.

"No way! Thank you so much, Mom!" he said, and immediately pulled out one roll so he could eat it.

"You're welcome. Think about going straight to Malibu when you get back or staying in New York for a few days."

"We can fly straight to Malibu, the spring break was great there. I can't wait," he replied with a full mouth, which Pepper laughed. Sometimes she did not understand how he could be so mature and sometimes behave like a five-year-old child. Tony was exactly the same, so she shouldn't even be surprised.

"Okay. You know what? You should pack your suit, just in case," she said suddenly, and Peter almost choked on the roll he ate.

"What? Why? I'm going on a school trip!"

"Hmm, that wasn't a problem for you before," she murmured, and he swallowed hard. He didn't even know that she knew about his incident in Washington.

"Well, but this is different."

"You never know," she said, and he frowned slightly. He thought she'd rather if he stayed away from his suit.

"Pep is right, it's always good to have something at hand. Take at least the web-shooters I made for you," incoming Tony said.

"Okay, I'll take them. But I still think it's useless. I want a break," he muttered. He wasn't a Spider-man right now, but he still wanted to take a break. He knew it wouldn't last forever, but the last time he put on his suit, he died. You can't be surprised by his decision.

"Yeah, I'm sure everything will be fine," Tony said encouragingly.

"Are you sure you have everything?" asked Pepper, who suddenly felt anxious that Peter was leaving for so long.

"I think I have, and what I don't have, I'll borrow from Ned," he replied.

"Happy is down. You should go on, you still have to pick up Ned and you know what traffic is at this hour," Tony said, hugging him good-bye. "Enjoy it."

"Thanks, Dad, I will. I'll send photos."

"Please write to us when you arrive in Venice," Pepper said worriedly as she hugged him too.

"Don't worry, I'll be in touch. Before you know it, we'll all be enjoying the holidays in Malibu," he muttered into her embrace.

"Okay, have a nice trip," she said, and then she and Tony watched him disappear into the elevator.

"I know it's hard, but there's nothing to worry about. He's back, going on a trip with his friends," Tony said gently, kissing her cheek.

"I know, I just wish I never had to take him out of my eyes again," she murmured and hugged him.

"Who would have thought of you being a helicopter parent," Tony laughed.

"Haha," she murmured into his chest.

"But seriously, don't worry. I gave him Edith," he said, and Pepper stepped away from him and gave him a disbelieving look.

"Sorry, I must have heard wrong."

"What? I thought you'd be glad!" said Tony, puzzled.

"Are you normal?! You can't give him Edith, he's not even a major yet!" she gasped in horror.

"As I said, it's always good to have something at hand," he explained, confused.

"But not something so powerful, especially when he isn't even eighteen years old!"

"Honey, don't freak, he's going alone across the ocean, what was I supposed to do? I couldn't let him go all alone!"

"What are you talking about? I thought you were up for him to go!" she cried in confusion.

"Of course I didn't want to let him go when it was only two months since we got him back, but we can't stop him from being with his friends just because we are anxious."

"Oh, my God, we need to calm down. It'll be a little over a week, we can do it," Pepper sighed.

"Yes, we can do it. And besides, he has Edith who reports everything that happens when he uses it."

"Why didn't you leave it to Karen?"

"Because it's just in his suit. Edith is in glasses. Trust me, honey, everything will be fine," Tony said.

It is only a few days later that Tony receives a warning that Peter has released drones on a bus full of his classmates. And he decided he wouldn't tell Pepper about it. What eyes can't see, that heart doesn't hurt, right?

***

Let's ignore the time problems and the other stuff...