Don't cry

Chapter summary:

"May, I'm home! Tony says he'll send Happy."

"Okay! How was the field trip?"

"Not so bad, but I'm glad it's a holiday."

Or, it's Christmas, and the Parkers spend them in the Tower with Tony and Pepper.

<><><><><><>

"You know Tony isn't going to keep our secret Santa agreement, right?" Peter asked when May and he were in the elevator.

"Pepper promised to keep it," she said with a small smile.

"Yeah, but you know Tony, the fact that he was crouching on my birthday doesn't mean he'll do it every time."

"If that's just what he told me, it's not that bad. He's a billionaire, we can't re-educate him, but he listens to me quite well. And he definitely listens to Pepper."

"So he won't keep it."

"Well, no," May said, remembering the conversation they had a month ago.

"So, I've been thinking about Christmas, and I'm happy to accept your invitation, but I have a little request," May said as she came to the Tower for dinner and waited for Peter to return from patrol.

"You know you can ask us anything," Tony said, excited about May and Peter celebrating Christmas with them.

"You did great on Peter's birthday, and I thought, how about we make a secret Santa?"

"Oh, come on, May, aren't you going to let us spoil you?" Tony groaned and Pepper laughed.

"It's a great idea, May," Pepper said.

"Honey, have you forgotten something?" Tony asked, and Pepper gave him a frown.

"No?"

"I'm sorry, May, but I can't accept this deal because I already have a gift for Peter," he said, and Pepper gave him a surprised look.

"Then you can be his secret Santa," May said simply.

"Tony, please tell me you didn't. You know what? I can't even say I'm surprised you did," Pepper cried.

"What are you talking about?" May asked confusedly.

"Maybe or maybe not, I made a special room for Peter here in the Tower, full of the latest lego," Tony explained.

"Okay, you know what I don't want to know," May laughed.

"We can still make a secret Santa because let's be honest. Tony would think of something anyway, and we wouldn't stop him. So it'll be a secret Santa plus a lego room," Pepper said, and May agreed.

"Plus a new suit," Tony interjected.

"Yeah, okay, the suit keeps him alive, so I'm definitely not going to stop you," May said.

"Here they are!" Tony greeted them as soon as they got out of the elevator.

"Hi, thank you for sending Happy. I hate driving in this weather."

"That goes without saying, May. I thought we were going to the lab before our family movie night, Pete, but I learned you had gingerbread baking with Pepper on the program. Careful, kid, we want you to be another genius like me and not a chef like Gordon Ramsay," Tony joked, and Peter grinned.