Bring Your Parents to School day 1/2

Chapter summary:

"Remember that tomorrow is a career day. I look forward to seeing your parents."

"Hey, Penis Parker, you can bring your buddy Spider-man when you don't have parents!"

Or, the one with the friendship of Peter and Bruce.

<><><><><><>

"So what does it look like today?" Peter asked when he arrived in a very quiet penthouse after school.

"The boss had to go to Washington to see Mr. Rhodes and Pepper is working," Friday replied, and Peter sighed.

The holidays in Malibu were wonderful, but once they got back, Pepper and Tony both immediately plunged into work. He wasn't angry with them, he understood, but the problem was that he felt lonely. He wasn't in the mood to go down to the lab with other interns, and he didn't spend much time outside like a Spider-man.

"Is Dr. Banner here?" he asked with a drop of hope.

"Yes. He's on his floor."

"Great! Take me to him," he said, getting into the elevator as fast as possible. It was a week since Dad told him that Dr. Banner and Natasha move to their Tower. He was really excited about it because he could spend more time with them like that! Ned almost had a heart attack when he told him.

"Peter, what a surprise," Bruce greeted him as he entered the lab.

"Hello, Dr. Banner. I hope I don't disturb."

"Not at all! I'm going through some old work."

"Oh, and how do you like it here?" he asked, sitting down on a stool.

"We're glad Tony let us move in. The whole floor is a bit big for two of us, but we feel more like at home here."

"That's great, by the way, where is Natasha?"

"In the gym," he replied, giving him a scrutiny look. "If you'd like to join, I'm sure the company wouldn't mind her," he continued.

"It's all right," he said, looking around the lab.

"Peter? Is there something on your mind?"

"No?"

"Are you asking me or are you telling me?"

"Am I telling you?" he said, sighing as Bruce gave him another look. "Fine. It's just that mom and dad have to be at work all the time now to catch up with all the trouble they've accumulated during the holidays. I'm not mad at them. I get it. I just miss them. And tomorrow we have to bring your parents to school day and I can't take them there because no one knows I live with them. And it really sucks because their work is amazing. They're amazing..."

"Ah, Peter, I'm really sorry. You know, you can come here anytime if you don't want to be up there alone."

"Really?"

"Of course. After all, we live with you," Bruce laughed nervously.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I can just walk here anytime."

"You know what I meant," he said, and Peter laughed slightly. He and Bruce were pretty similar.

"Well, that would solve one problem, but it still means tomorrow I'm going to be the only one from whom no one will come," he said, slightly disappointed. He wished it could be different, but on the other hand, this anonymity from the world suited him.

"I understand it's not ideal, but is it really that bad?" Bruce asked, sitting down on a stool beside him.

"I guess not, I don't even know why it bothers me."

"It's okay. Everybody sometimes worries about something and doesn't even know why."

"You know, they don't really have to be parents," Peter began as the wheels in his head began to scrap fully.

"That's good news, you can ask someone else," Bruce said with a small smile.

"So, will you come to my school tomorrow, Dr. Banner?"

"Wait, what? How did you think that?" Bruce said, jumping to his feet.

"Who else should it be?"

"Anyone other than me! This isn't a good idea," he murmured, pacing back and forth to calm himself.

"But why? You're Dr. Bruce Banner!" Peter yelled enthusiastically. He didn't understand why he hadn't thought of it before.

"Exactly. I can't go to a school full of children! What if the other man decides to show up?"

"It won't happen. Dr. Banner, you can control yourself. Do you think if you were dangerous, Dad would let you live here? "

"You never know, and it's not worth the risk."

"Well, I guess I can always ask Natasha," he said casually. Bruce gave him a frightened look.

"That's an even dumber idea."

"Does that mean you're going?"

"I've never been a good speaker. Tony was always here for stuff like that. What would I tell them?" he asked, running a hand through his hair. This was a bad idea.

"Pretty please! It'll be okay. You'll tell them about your work, it's amazing."

"You'll owe me after this, and now come to help me get some speech done," he finally resigned, and Peter yelped with joy.

"Thank you, Dr. Banner. You won't regret it, I promise."

"I very much doubt it, and if I embarrass you tomorrow, remember that was your idea."

***
Bruce Banner embarrassing avenger 😂💚