EIGHT [Unedited]

Enjoy😌

The water massages my back

The water massages my back. The remains of the morning —the screams of the soldiers— sliding off my body down the rusty drain.

What did Donald mean when he said he has others? I'm not the only one he had captive? I don't remember there being any other sane humans with gifts in the Asylum—No one a little different— Just the people who would cut their own skin by rubbing against the uneven sharp walls. The ones who take the pain and turns it into pleasure. Maybe there were others but who knows maybe I got a little mental while being in the asylum.

We have to leave this safe house in a few hours. The knocking on the door lets me know it's about time for me to get out and let Alia In the bathroom for her shower. I turn the shower off and step out, waiting for the feeling of the cold air hitting my bare skin but it never comes. I dry my skin with a small towel before putting on the clothes I got from the duffel bag Tobias brought for me.

I rub my hands against the damp mirror drying the wetness on it. I get on my tippy toes and I look in the mirror.

Two multi-colored eyes stare back at me. My Dark brown hair curled from the roots cascading down my back. My Tanned skin tattooed with a small patch of freckles lining my nose and cheeks.

I walk out of the bathroom with the bag of dirty clothes in hand. Alia smiles at me as she passes me to go into the bathroom.

I stand beside the door not knowing where or what I should do next. I turn my vision onto Tobias—Looking at his back as he stands over the table.

"Where should I put these?" I ask Tobias the second he turns to look at me. He stares at me—a light pink color showing up on his skin, maybe because I'm heating the room up.

"Here, let me take them" Tobias answers as he walks closer to me. I hold my hand with the bag out for Tobias to take.

He reaches his hands out to grab the top of the bag but misses it when I drop it. He almost touched my hand.

"Oh!" I say as I bend down to pick up the bag I dropped. Tobias seemed to have the same Idea because we both bend down and grab the small bag at the same time.

I can feel my skin tingle as the unfamiliar-- Yet satisfying feeling spread up my arm again. I look down to see Tobias's hand covering mines--

I slowly look up at his face to see small beads of sweat make their way down his face slowly. I push myself away from him and I landed on the floor with a small thud. "Emera?'' I hear Tobias call my name but it's like I'm in a different Universe.

''You stupid bitch! I thought I told you to not cause any trouble for me?!"

"B-But I didn't sir! He touched me'' I whimper out as He walks closer to me with a wire in hand.

"I don't care if he touched you! I said don't cause trouble for me, little girl!" He yells as he hits me with the long wire in his hand.

''Emera?'' I hear Tobias's say as I feel something 'cold' touch my arm. I instantly bring my head up and I see Tobias sitting on the floor next to me watching me with his green eyes--

''Are you okay?" He asks me as I scooch over to put some space between us but he only moves closer to me.

''Are you trying to die?!'' I snap turning to look at him ''You keep touching me! You Aren't Supposed to! I could kill you!''

"But you can't'' Tobias whispers out staring me right in my eye

'You can't hurt me just like I can't hurt you '

''What do you mean?'' I ask as I wipe the water that gathered at my eyes away. I can't hurt him? That's not possible--They said it wasn't possible. The fire and heat I have flowing through me is dangerous. When I was younger people thought I was just lying about my disease...until they touched me. I'm Silently Burning the fire most people can't see until they touch me.

''You don't hurt me Emera'' Tobias speaks as he stares back at me.

''But I hurt everyone''

''Not me...its like I'm immune to it?''Tobias tells me but it sounds like he's confused about it too.

''Maybe it's taking its time to kill you'' I say as a possibility

''So maybe my gift is taking its time to freeze you to death?'' He asks me with a straight face ''It's never done that before'' He tells me

He has gifts? ''You have a gift?'' I ask him with my eyes wide. I never knew he had a gift! Does Alia have one?

''I can freeze things with my mind and whoever touches me gets a very bad frostbite or an early death'' He tells me with a small chuckle. Bringing a small smile on my face

''Does Alia have one?'' I ask him as I listen to the sound of water running in the shower stop.

''She has the gift of Invisibility. And she can teleport" Tobias informs me and he runs a hand through his hair. My eyes watching the movement before looking Tobias back in the eye.

''Oh...Cool'' I say nodding my head.

''Can I touch you, Emera?'' I hear Tobias suddenly ask. His voice was deeper them usual. I can feel my heartbeat quickens and heat rush to my cheeks as He speaks those words I've never heard anyone ever say in my life until now.

"Uhm...'' I honestly don't know how to answer his question. I never met anyone who was willing to ask me if they could touch me.

''I don't have to if you don't want me too'' He says probably noticing my dilemma.

''No! I want you to touch me'' I rush out without thinking. I didn't want him to think I was declining him. I want him to touch me-- I just don't know what would happen after that.

''Are you sure? I don't want you to go out of your comfort zone just because I ask-'' He stops mid-sentence as I reach over and I run my fingers over his jawline. Feeling the hard bone under it as the stubble tickles my fingertips

I watch as Tobias closes his eyes--Licking his perfectly shaped lips-- as I run both my hands across his face

So beautiful.