EPILOGUE[Unedited]

"Look at her" A woman says quietly. Like something possessed my body I start to pull my feet towards the room the voice came from.

Looking down at myself. My body dressed in a thin black dress hugging my curves. My once long pitch black hair now streaked with white and blue now lays on my shoulder.

A woman with white hair is holding a child. Tears streaming down her face. The man laying beside her. Looking around I can see we are in a cottage house.

"Hello?" I call out. Like he heard me the man looks up from the baby the woman is cradling to her chest and looks around the room like he knows I'm here but not directly at me.

"She's here" He whispers into the woman's ear but loud enough for me to hear. The woman looks up at me with her tear streaked face.

"Please Mother of Genesis" The woman lets out on a sob. She kisses her baby's head before handing them to their other guardian. On wobbly feet. Dressed in a royal blue birthing gown, she places a hand onto the bed and gets down on her knees.

Not wanting her new mother to hurt herself I rush over to help her get back up but my hands just rush past her. Not making contact. I wave my hand back towards her and like before my hand passes through her. As if she can feel what I cannot she lets out a gasp.

"Please bring my baby back" She sobs. Her arm wrapped protectively against her stomach. Protecting something no Longer there. "I'll do anything, just please bring her back! Take my life instead!"

Like they were my own. Flash backs of memories that don't belong to me enters my mind.

With a voice that doesn't sound like my own I speak for the first time. "For the sins you have committed you are forced to live with them." Like I'm on a cloud my feet start to drift across the floor. Looking at the man holding the baby I press a hand onto his forehead and heat starts to pool and escape from my fingertips. A scream rips from his throat.

Pressing my other hand onto the child's I push the energy im getting from her mothers soul into the baby's cold heart.

"What are you doing?! Please take my life! Not his!" The woman pleads with me. Her own gift coming out to play as she watches me fix the problem she caused. Shards of metal floating around us. Creating some kinds of sword. I bring my eyes back to the reason why I am here. A gift I created won't kill me. The mans hold on the baby slowly starts to dwindle away. The strength in his body leaving his and entering the body of a baby his wife just gave birth to. A baby he didn't help create. A bastard child. As his life force exits his body. The once dead baby cries out as she experiences life again.

I pull my hand away from the baby and I place them on the man. Pushing a little of my own life into him I direct him to look at me. As his colorful eyes slowly fades away I speak to him.

"Come back to me my offspring. Come back home and be surrounded by love and family" I press my scorching lips onto his forehead branding his skin with my mark. "You're safe now. Come with me and let's go home" Pulling back. I stare down at the man I turned into a toddler, his skin now the same shimmery white as mine's. I lift my child up from the bed and I cradle him to my chest.

I look down at the child I brought back to life. The sounds of her wails drowned out by the sounds of her mother's. I call apon one of my gifts and I push it into her.

"It's not your time now, your prophecy isn't fulfilled yet. Only after you defeat the bad will the good come. And only then you will return home with me"

Looking away I look back at the woman my child once pledged his love to only asking for loyalty in return.

"You are not apart of my kin anymore. You are to face destruction for the rest of your life" I call my voice out to her. "You will have to live with pain until Emera reaches the age where she can take care of her own. If I find out you happened to disobey my orders, I will rain hell onto your soul for the rest of eternity"

Looking back at the bed. The body of a relatively mature woman lays apon it. I raise my hand into the air and I draw a sigil.

"May you keep on surviving until all the odds are against you my child"

With that being said the next mother of Genesis sets this ablaze. Only the protected will survive. Only the ones who can deal with the pain life can give you and heal will survive.

The screams of the woman enters my ears as I walk away but the voice of my child gets my attention.

"Yes my child?"

"How can you heal after being broken?" My son ask me. The woman he pledged his life to expecting her to do the same only to find out she's been fraternizing with the enemy and ending up pregnant.

"Only after the confessions of a broken heart may you slowly be able to find the old pieces of your soul that broke off. Sometimes you don't heal and that's okay."

Looking at the colorful mess at the end of the hallway a sad smile finds it's way onto my face"I will still love you even if that way of healing means you have to find a way on how to leave the plane of which you exist in. Whether that means you have to take your own life with your own scared hands." I hold my child to my chest and I kiss the side of his head.

"You will see the daughter that should've been yours. She will have came from a damaged life and I hope by that time you are old enough and ready to help give her the love of a parent she couldn't have."

A few steps away from the other side, I place my son- who is dressed in all black- down and I hold his hand. Gripping softly onto mines we walk into the either

"May the next Genesis reign for eons apon eons" I whisper before my body and dark grey wings disappear into the other.

⚫️

And that folks...is the end of Serotonin!! *Cries* I hope the lot of you enjoyed the ride until this moment!! Don't worry there will definitely be a book two of Emera's adventure. I've been working on this book from the 21st of August 2019 and it is finally done😭 the first book I ever completed. I'm surprised I finished it in less a year since I often took VERY long breaks but I'm proud of myself.

(Some references of this book might remind you of Shatter me from Tahereh Mafi. The shatter me series inspired me two right this book since I started to read the series the same time I wrote this book. But other then that the rest of the ideas are mine.)

Until next time Guys, Gals, and the beautiful They/Them's💋 I love you