EIGHTEEN[Unedited]

We glide through the open lot that separates us from the hospital. I tightly hold onto the hands that are being protected from me by a thick material.

The only sound we can hear are the beeping sounds coming from machines and the sounds of the chains.

When we get close enough I can see a small lady standing in a uniform standing behind a door that restricts us from entering the hospital.

'I'm tired of this shit. I should have finished my lunch but I lost my appetite after that man touched me'

I shiver as I listen to the woman's thoughts. I can feel my blood boil with the thought of this man she's talking about touching her in a way she never wanted him too.

I take a few deep breaths as I try and focus back onto the mission we have. Nothing should matter more than saving that child. I don't want that child to have a life in captivity like me.

We stand still as we wait for the upcoming soldiers make there way towards the door. As soon as they touch the door with their Key card the door opens and we hurry and rush towards it before I closes. We to the right as they stand to our left. I hold my breath until we make it in. I can hear everyone else slowly exhale letting their anxiety out with it.

When we turn a corner that doesn't have any cameras near it Alia lets go of the persons hand shes holding onto and everyone else including me becomes visible once again.

"From the Information I received. They are Holding her in a room either at the top of the hospital or Under it. We are gonna break up into 2 groups. One goes up one goes down" Alia whisper yells trying to make sure her voice reaches everyone in our group.Some people nod their head, and some people brings up a hand and sticks a thumb out.

"Alec is group one which is going down and I'm gonna be group two which is going upstairs " She tells us."Emera,Riley,Sage and Anthony, You go with Alec just Incase anything happened because you can't jump out of a four story window without injuring yourself."

I'm fine with going with Alec. Not because I like him, but because I'm not gonna be jumping out of any buildings anytime soon, What happened before was one a time thing.

"The rest of you come with me. If we're not out of here in an hour either me or Tobias will come searching for you. If no one has questions about this plan we can go ahead and start"

Alec turns around and looks at me and the rest of our team "Let's go" Wow, okay Alec not even a good luck? He turns around and leads us towards a door. The rest of the group follows behind him silently, we aren't able to be invisible anymore since we aren't with Alia.

The door opens with a tug and a puff of colored air leaves the door. I watch the air dance around me and the rest of the group. I watch in amazement as I see something that looks like old earth appear. I almost lose myself to the sight of it before I feel a tug on my skin tight suit.

I look away from the Illusion and I see Alec standing next to me, still holding the door open with his foot. I shake my head before I walk past him.

Machines Line the walls. Everywhere I look has some type of technology lined side by side. I walk towards one of the computers that has their screen unlocked. I look at the screen and I see a document opened. I quickly pull down the fabric of my suit on my arm and I cover my hand and I touch the mouse. As I slide down I see dates put down with information.

7/21/3090

Exam 1: Project A has shown extraordinary gifts. I had to stay out of the room or I there would've been micro pieces of flesh that once made up a human lining the floor. I've seen many gifts and this one is a combination of them all.

-Dr.Harrison

10/5/3090

Exam 120: Coraline still doesn't remember where she grew up at or who she grew up with. All she remembers is that there was a female. A person who has the gift to burn.
I recorded our interactions.

Recording 7- 8:46

"She stood outside of a small burning brown house. Her hands was on fire. Very colorful, I wanted to go over and touch her hands but someone held me back!"

My hands shake as I listen to the recordings. I know she's talking about me, the day I probably injured or killed thousands.

I inhale and exhale through my mouth as I listen to the recordings. Shocked that this girl wanted to be with me.

"She was crying, very hard. She looked up at the sky and soon after it started to rain. A few seconds later people started screaming in pain, running down the street or onto covered patios. She looked perplexed as she stared at the rain." Hot tears run down my face "I almost ran out to stop her from stepping into the acid rain but when she put her hand out the rain didn't do anything to her. Without hesitating she ran away from the burning house without looking back. I step away from the person holding me back and I step towards the rain somehow knowing it wouldn't hurt me. But the person yanks me harder this time and I-"

The recording suddenly stops. I look up and once again sees someone standing there waiting for me. Antony looks down at my tear streaked face. I look down and quickly wipe them away, mad at myself for getting caught crying. The day where I thought there was no one who cared about me was the only day this female remembered. She remembers watching me experience my first wave of that horrible blasted power.

"Alec says to stop moving away from the group. He needs to have eyes on everyone in our group, including you"

I nod "Let's go" I turn around and walk. Following the direction Antony was pointing too. We walk in silence before we start running when we hear someone shout.

"What In The Bloody Massacre Hell!!"

———
Happy birthday killernighttime 🤍