SEVENTEEN[Unedited]

I slip on my black skin tight outfit. Aila doing the same near me. Tonight we are going to save that child, and restock on food here.

I finish zipping up my bodysuit and I repeat the same words. Don't hurt nobody. If all goes well this is gonna be the first time I'm gonna do something good without hurting anyone.

"We need to have a small meet with everyone then we will leave at sunset" Alia tells me as she finishes putting her hair in a bun on top of her head.

I put mines in two quick cornrows getting my hair out of my face. I stare at myself in the mirror. I can't believe I'm actually gonna go and help save a child like me. I wonder what gift the child has, I hope it's nothing like mines. Not because I don't want anyone else having the so called gift of being able to control any heat substance but with the guilt and the warning no one tells you about is hard to deal with.

"Alright. You ready?" Alia asks me. I nod my head and follow her out of the room.

We meet in a small room. Everyone who is gonna be going on the trip to save that child, of all ages and abilities fills this room. Tobias and Alia gives out some instruction and information. I eagerly listen to it all not wanting to do anything bad that can risk this child's life.

My eyes look away from Alia who is speaking and I turn my head to see Alec watching me. I stare at him as well. We are gonna have to team up too Help this group. Alec has control of his ability that he learned to accept  and I just started to feel like I can control the first ability I found to possess. I promise myself to never let the other part of me out. No one can ever find that part of me.

_

I watch as the remaining sun light disappears and darkness reigns over the forest. I can feel my senses spiking up. Through the darkness I can sense where people are. I almost gasped as I realise this. I can sense where everyone is. Even though I can't see who's body temp I'm feeling I know they are near.

"We won't leave without the child. Don't draw attention to us but If we happen to get caught, Do what ever is needed to get us out. But if we don't have the child We Won't Leave". Tobias's voice breaks the silence that surrounds us.

Even though I can't see I know people are nervous about this. For some this is their first mission like me. I can't help but think about what would happen if I happen to leave that child alone or hurt them with my gift.

I see the soft glow emitted from someone ahead of me. I follow the light as It starts to move forward, the others do the same. We float through the forest, our feet not making any noise. It feels like we walked for miles until the glow slowly disappears from the person I never learned the name of. Another light takes their spot as I look up through the long branches and leaves covering my body. We stop in front of a gate separating us from the Hospital holding the child.

"Alec" I hear someone whisper behind me. I turn to see Tobias standing close behind me, but not close enough that the fabric protecting our skin touches.

Alec doesn't get the chance to reply before Tobias speaks again. "Light up a tree right by the guards, Emera try and enhance the fire" Tobias gives us instructions. I breath in and out slowly as I wait for Alec to get started.

A bright light appears from the sky before it hits its target. A tree in the distance lights up. Filling the sky with light. I close my eyes as I focus. I feel sparks appear from my fingertips. I open my eyes and I look at the tree slowly lighting up.

Burn

The tree bursts into flames, the tree's next to slowly gets embraced by the colorful flames. I smile to myself as I look at what I did. It usually isn't this easy to just set something on fire when we practice in the makeshift realm Angel makes but it was so easy to set this on fire with just one thought.

I feel a hand rub my back up and down silently praising me. I feel heat rush to my cheeks but I ignore it as I watch the guards turn their gazes onto the wildfire not caused by the earth. They all look at each other before 3 out of 5 guards run towards the hospital, probably trying to inform the hospital about what is going on outside. I watch as a blue fog flows through the air, passing through the gate before it wraps around the guards.

Their eyes widen as they notice what is happening but the don't have the chance to escape the dogs clutches before the fall to the ground as sleep holds them captive.

"Alright get into you're groups, Be careful and don't draw attention to yourselves" Tobias says before the coldness radiating off his body and onto mines disappears as he walks away and makes his way towards the group of people who is on food duty.

I crack my knuckles before I make my way towards Alia who is the leader of the group who is gonna save the kid with gifts like ours.

"Stay close together, If you drift off I won't be able to keep you from being seen." Alia warns us in a hard voice. "Don't touch or walk into anything or anyone. Just because you're invisible doesn't make you a ghost"

'Don't walk to far away and don't touch anything or anyone' Like I would ever touch anyone. Who isn't Tobias who is Immune to my ability.

I listen to the sound of the metal gate being bended. Creating a way for us to walk into the surrounding of the hospital without difficulty. I look over to find the group Tobias is leading gone.

I let out a breath as I walk forward following the others towards the hospital. Here we go Emera

Don't fuck this up