Let it be red

The woke to the sound of a man talking, no, Commanding. I cowered under the post as the footsteps drew closer. I yelped as the monster slammed his hand down on the post, "What was that?" I drew myself up as He looked under the post. I slapped him and ran, but honestly I think it hurt me more than him. 

I took off towards the forest and didn't even look back to catch his features. I rushed forward, stones catching my feet. I didn't see him coming closer but I heard him. The cold numbing my body was replaced with heat as I ran. I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder, he was close. Too close.

I looked behind me but couldn't see his features. The one thing that I had caught was the mad grin on his face. As I was looking back I fell into a pit, hitting my head on the sharp stone at the bottom. 

My soul grew brightly, A bright red. 

Stay Determined kid, I failed you once.

I climbed out of the pit quickly, my veins glowing a neon red, it was hard to not notice. I looked over as he stared at me, surprise was written all over his face. He stumbled back and blinked a few times. Drawing his weapon, he returned to normal. The grin returning to his face. "The last soul..." His eyes glowed brightly. He raised the sharpened bone and forced it upon me.

CRASH! It came into contact with my bright...red...shield?

I let out a gasp as I realized it was my own magic. He drew his weapon back and glared. My shield dissipated and he launched forward, grabbing my wrist. "H-hey, let g-go of me!" I pulled the opposite direction, the skin on my wrist burned.

"I'm won't kill you as long as you behave, brat." he said, hi voice was low and solemn. I stared at him and let out a shaky sigh. I followed him as he lead me out of the forest and towards a small town. I looked around and continued to follow him.

(Dunno what Im doing XD)

My nerves tingled as I was pulled into a warm house. "Is this your house?" I looked around and inhaled. "Yes, stay in here." He had a red scarf and lines running from his eyes to the back of his...skull? He was a skeleton like Ganz! I wonder if this is his brother? I sat on the plush, green couch and waited. I heard the skeleton talk to somebody, it must've been over the phone. My eyes felt heavy and my legs still burned from running. I leaned onto the armrest and closed my eyes. Falling into a deep sleep.