Papyrus's thoughts

Papyrus' POV-

I twirled her lovely h/c hair around my bony finger, smiling contently at the warmth by my side. How I love this girl...

"Nghh..." Her eyes fluttered, the e/c orbs being revealed for only a second. I booped her nose in an attempt to wake her up, her only response being to roll over.

"Do you want me to make waffles?" I whispered, her eyes opened, but  shut just as quickly, and a smile forming on her lips threatened to give her away.

"I know you're awake."

"N-No you, you d-don't." She smiled, a pink tinting her cheeks. "But you a-are going to make w-waffles, r-right?"

I chuckled, "It would be cruel of me not to." I rolled out of bed, not bothering to change from my PJ's.

"..." Her eyes sank, her brows furrowing as she zoned out.

"Is everything okay, y/n?"

"Why'd you make me leave?" A crippling pain struck my chest, my soul. I let out a sigh.

"Can I tell you during breakfast?.."

She simply nodded her head, but her eyes remained sad.

I trudged downstairs, still slightly tired myself. I couldn't get her question out of my head.

"Why'd you make me leave?"

I pulled out the waffle iron and started cooking.

Why did you make her leave, Papyrus? Were you really scared she was gonna get hurt?

NO

I put a hand to my temple in an attempt to make it stop.

You can't get rid of me, Aleri isn't collecting souls for Himself, did you really think that!? Sans really was more useful than you.

"STOP!"

"Papyrus, is everything okay?!" She said, but with the blink of an eye she was covered in red. "Aack!" Blood came up from her mouth, her eyes turning black, black tears swelling. My claws were through her chest, and her brows furrowed. 

"Papyrus? I tho u g h t y o u t r u s t e d m e."